First Name
John
Last Name
Graves
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJJ
Hello Team.
Unfortunately, i will not be able to attend this meetup. Kevin, Chris, Walt.. if you plan to attend you can help greet some of the new folks (the banquet room is reserved for OB). There should be some Overland trailers at this meetup, so if you have one bring it. Post some photos please :),

Cheers,

John

• Sad
Reactions: M Rose

Luinil Explorations

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Wherever I am at the moment
First Name
Larrie is
Last Name
sharing our travels with the world.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7WDX
Well I am confused. Is the meeting the first Wednesday, which is tomorrow 9/1, or is it Tuesday the 7th like the Rqlly Point shows?

jcgraves3

NorthWest Region Member Rep's Portland OR
Investor

Influencer I

Crescent City, Putnam County, Florida, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Graves
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJJ
Well I am confused. Is the meeting the first Wednesday, which is tomorrow 9/1, or is it Tuesday the 7th like the Rqlly Point shows?
Thanks for pointing that out Larrie. I update the meetup to reflect Sep 1st (Wednesday). The 'recurring meeting' logic could be off in the system, so I need to monitor that for next month. Either way, thank you!! Confusion averted.

Reactions: M Rose

KAIONE

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

Great meeting the guys that showed!!! Thanks for popping my OB group meeting cherry. If possible I’d like to keep discussing a trip sooner than later. I know I’m the rookie, but I’m ready and willing to see the great outdoors! So let me know what I can do to keep the ball rolling. Thanks again all!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Great meeting the guys that showed!!! Thanks for popping my OB group meeting cherry. If possible I’d like to keep discussing a trip sooner than later. I know I’m the rookie, but I’m ready and willing to see the great outdoors! So let me know what I can do to keep the ball rolling. Thanks again all!
Look for a place of interest on Google Earth, Gaia, or even the OB1 Map, and post up a Rally Point.

KAIONE

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

Look for a place of interest on Google Earth, Gaia, or even the OB1 Map, and post up a Rally Point.
I can do that too. We had discussed a place in OR suggested by another member that sounded like a great place to go try. I’ve never been and am super new to the area, so was trying to tag along. I’ll check out some places and try it out.

Thanks

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I can do that too. We had discussed a place in OR suggested by another member that sounded like a great place to go try. I’ve never been and am super new to the area, so was trying to tag along. I’ll check out some places and try it out.

Thanks
DM and I will give you my contact information and I can help set up an RP, and teach you how to send out invites.

actually @jcgraves3 this would also be a great class to teach at one of your monthly meetups.

Reactions: KAIONE

JIMI

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Portland, OR, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Paulson
Member #

Thanks for pointing that out Larrie. I update the meetup to reflect Sep 1st (Wednesday). The 'recurring meeting' logic could be off in the system, so I need to monitor that for next month. Either way, thank you!! Confusion averted.
I put the 7th on my calendar, so now it seems I missed it. Sucks, I was looking forward to going to my first meet up.

Cascadia

Rank V

Educator II

Golden
First Name
Betsy
Last Name
Blac
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7VRZ
It is a bummer that I missed last week’s meet. I will definitely be at the October meetup. Over the weekend, I had an absolute blast on section 1 of WABRD. Those who might not be aware but I overland my Subaru Outback.3F814B8F-C87E-4AA0-80AF-64C903ED17A7.jpeg

Reactions: KAIONE

Redleg627

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Stockdale
Member #

wow.. I had the meeting on my calendar for the 7th. I wanted to toss around a WABRD run around the 18th of Sept. Would anyone be interested in a go?

Krycol08

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Portland, OR, USA
First Name
Krystle
Last Name
Cahill
Member #

wow.. I had the meeting on my calendar for the 7th. I wanted to toss around a WABRD run around the 18th of Sept. Would anyone be interested in a go?

I'd be interested! (can't fully commit as I have a friend moving from PNW that day so just pending if he wants one last hang out)

KAIONE

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

I’m interested. Can’t make it that week tho. How much time you looking to complete it in?

Cascadia

Rank V

Educator II

Golden
First Name
Betsy
Last Name
Blac
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7VRZ
Very jealous!!! Good on ya! How long did it take you?
Thank you. Section 1 took 10 hours. The group that I was with left Carson at 8:30 and we were done around 6 p.m. and camped for the night.

KAIONE

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

Very jealous!!! Good on ya! How long did it take you?
Thank you. Section 1 took 10 hours. The group that I was with left Carson at 8:30 and we were done around 6 p.m. and camped for the night.
Awesome! I’m looking to do that ASAP. Probably set up a date/time next week for a future date. Mind if I message you to ask a few questions? I promise only a few; just cause I’m new to the area and moved here 5 mo’s ago. Let me know and thanks again, very cool!

KAIONE

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

Thanks
DM and I will give you my contact information and I can help set up an RP, and teach you how to send out invites.

actually @jcgraves3 this would also be a great class to teach at one of your monthly meetups.
After talking with @Cascadia I’d like to set up a day/time for section 1 on the WABDR. See if there’s a group, especially experienced, since I’m VERY new at this and the area. So any and all input would help. Thanks!

jcgraves3

NorthWest Region Member Rep's Portland OR
Investor

Influencer I

Crescent City, Putnam County, Florida, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Graves
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJJ
After talking with @Cascadia I’d like to set up a day/time for section 1 on the WABDR. See if there’s a group, especially experienced, since I’m VERY new at this and the area. So any and all input would help. Thanks!
Hi Kaione,

Welcome to OB.. and the area. I can help set up a rally point. Please reach out and let me know when you are free to chat.

John

Reactions: KAIONE and M Rose