Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
I am still on schedule for a Friday meetup at 2pm in Santa Rosa.

Is everyone doing their own thing for all meals? Just want to ensure I pack accordingly.
I'm vegetarian, so I tend to pack my own stuff because I'm usually the only one. But I'm open to doing a shared thing on Saturday night when we all meet up as a group.

Reactions: Vince Rothermund

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Hey all, I'm thinking about trying to join if that'd be alright. Unfortunately I don't think I can get away from the office down in Palo Alto tomorrow to beat traffic and join you for Fri, so I'd probably only be in for Sat/Sun. Are you still planning to meet up at Eel River/Black Butte leaving by noon on Sat?

-TJ

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Hey all, I'm thinking about trying to join if that'd be alright. Unfortunately I don't think I can get away from the office down in Palo Alto tomorrow to beat traffic and join you for Fri, so I'd probably only be in for Sat/Sun. Are you still planning to meet up at Eel River/Black Butte leaving by noon on Sat?

-TJ
That's the plan. I think 1 or 2 other folks are planning on meeting up with us there. Hope to see you there!

Slow Yota

Rank IV

Member III

San Leandro, CA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Kaplan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6PNS

-TJ
That's the plan. I think 1 or 2 other folks are planning on meeting up with us there. Hope to see you there!
I’ll be there for the Saturday meet. Look for the white taco with RTT and other stuff (although that’s almost as general description as saying look for the silver Prius lol)

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I’ll be there for the Saturday meet. Look for the white taco with RTT and other stuff (although that’s almost as general description as saying look for the silver Prius lol)
Cool, I'd be leaving Sat AM from Palo Alto if you wanted to meet up (I can come right through San Leandro). I'll let the group/thread here know if I'm coming or not by sometime tomorrow AM, but obviously either way nobody wait around on me if you don't see me Sat. ;) This is the rig:

20220408_142403.jpg

-TJ

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Also, quick question for @Speric and the rest of the group. Are you planning a campfire for Sat night (I haven't had a chance yet to check to see if there are any fire restrictions on, but imagine y'all already did)? Also, where did everyone land on doing a group meal/potluck on Sat night or not?

-TJ

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Also, quick question for @Speric and the rest of the group. Are you planning a campfire for Sat night (I haven't had a chance yet to check to see if there are any fire restrictions on, but imagine y'all already did)? Also, where did everyone land on doing a group meal/potluck on Sat night or not?

-TJ
I haven’t seen any fire restrictions at this point. So I’m hoping to have one.

As for potluck, I’m thinking of making a cobbler. Put my Dutch oven to good use. But I’ll make it regardless of what others want to do.

Reactions: Vince Rothermund

Ken M

Rank IV

Traveler III

Napa, CA, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Well, after pulling a couple all nights to get my front bumper but and winch mounted (thanks for the wiring help Erici!) I went to fuel up this morning and there is something wrong with the filler neck. The anti siphon plate seems to be stuck and I can't get the filler neck of the nozzle in. On my way now to the dealer to see if there is an easy fix...

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Well, after pulling a couple all nights to get my front bumper but and winch mounted (thanks for the wiring help Erici!) I went to fuel up this morning and there is something wrong with the filler neck. The anti siphon plate seems to be stuck and I can't get the filler neck of the nozzle in. On my way now to the dealer to see if there is an easy fix...
Bummer. Hope you find an easy fix.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Okay folks, I'm in! I plan to leave Palo Alto around 0700 tomorrow which should get me to the Eel River Campground by ~1100. Rig pictured above, and I only have GMRS but will jump on 15.

I haven’t seen any fire restrictions at this point. So I’m hoping to have one.

As for potluck, I’m thinking of making a cobbler. Put my Dutch oven to good use. But I’ll make it regardless of what others want to do.
Honest question, do you do dairy? The reason I ask is I have a nice lemon-cream sauce pasta with asparagus and mushrooms I usually do chicken with, but it'd be really easy to do the chicken separately and have (what I understand to be) a vegetarian batch and a "regular" batch. If nobody else wants to bother with a potluck I can just grill up a steak for myself instead. ;)

Should I grab a couple of bundles of firewood while out today?
I have ~2.5 bundles still in my rig along with a firepit and a heat-reflector wall I'd be happy to utlize with the group.

Bummer, hopefully the dealer can at least band-aid a fix for you for the weekend.

-TJ

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I'll be making the pasta I mentioned, instead of adding chicken I'm going to do some chicken skewers on the side for folks that want a protein. I also have stuff to do a breakfast scramble sort of thing in the AM Sun, but IDK how quickly/early everyone will be trying to get out of camp.

-TJ

Ken M

Rank IV

Traveler III

Napa, CA, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Just picked up my truck from the dealer, they got the gas neck all fixed up. Ill see you guys at the crossroads saturday !!

Ken

Reactions: Slow Yota

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Quick update. Made it back to Santa Rosa last night. Truck in Ukiah, going to try and sort out this mess today. Thanks for everyone’s help, you guys all saved the day.

Slow Yota

Rank IV

Member III

San Leandro, CA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Kaplan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6PNS
Quick update. Made it back to Santa Rosa last night. Truck in Ukiah, going to try and sort out this mess today. Thanks for everyone’s help, you guys all saved the day.
Glad to hear. Those plugs in my tire ended up failing around Ukiah so had to switch to the spare. Thanks for everyone’s help straightening me out on the one tree “issue”. Great group and appreciate all your organizing!

Reactions: Ken M

Ken M

Rank IV

Traveler III

Napa, CA, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Glad you finally made it home Eric. I got home about 9:30 last night.

With everything that happened on this trip, the dust, the snow, the mud, the water crossings, and all the tree removal from across the trails/roads…. I had a blast ! I am already looking forward to the next one ! ♥♥♥

Ken

Reactions: Speric

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Glad you made it home eventually. How was the food (and beers) at that little restaurant? Hopefully that was at least a bit relaxing.

Glad to hear. Those plugs in my tire ended up failing around Ukiah so had to switch to the spare. Thanks for everyone’s help straightening me out on the one tree “issue”. Great group and appreciate all your organizing!
Glad you were able to swap it after all!

Glad you finally made it home Eric. I got home about 9:30 last night.

With everything that happened on this trip, the dust, the snow, the mud, the water crossings, and all the tree removal from across the trails/roads…. I had a blast ! I am already looking forward to the next one ! ♥♥♥

Ken
I got back into Palo Alto about 10pm last night. Uneventful drive back down, which was certainly welcome at that point. Other than the "incidents" it was a great trip. I wish I had been able to join for both nights, it was a bit of a haul for just a 1-nighter but the scenery, terrain and group were all excellent and made it worth it!

-TJ

Last edited: