Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fullerton, CA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Barnard
Member #

Heading up to Monache Meadows for the 4th of July, if anyone is interested in tagging along feel free to send a message. Im leaving from Fullerton, CA. I hope to see others out exploring. 36°13'38.4"N 118°10'56.5"W

Reactions: PonoAdventures

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Heading up to Monache Meadows for the 4th of July, if anyone is interested in tagging along feel free to send a message. Im leaving from Fullerton, CA. I hope to see others out exploring. 36°13'38.4"N 118°10'56.5"W
Depending if I can convince the wife I may be heading up the 3rd and out on the 5th for my parent's anniversary. Sounds like Monache Meadows is getting more popular so concerned about it being crowded this weekend.

TOUGE

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gold Coast QLD, Australia
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Ash
Member #

You will need to grab any campsite by Thrusday night I say. I was there Friday night(26th) and got there at somewhere between 2-3pm and there was already over 50 vehicles out there and easily another 30-40 turned up by 6pm. Vehicles were coming as big groups of 6-12 and camping in spot, even making new sites. It was more like a festival than a nice quite back country camping spot. I will never be going back on a Friday to Sunday ever again, people were driving like absolute tools, blocking the trails just so they can setup their Instagram Toyotas for photos, huge amount of LED lights all night, music and tons of dogs braking all night. Not fun at all.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Kenslittle72

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Princeton, Moorpark
Member #

We ended up at the River camp spots for the weekend. I was looking for badges when were went out to the water crossings but didn't see any. How did you guys get back to the spot you posted. it looked to be behind some ranch fencing. If you saw the tan Ford van or my white Ram Megacab, that was us.

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

We ended up at the River camp spots for the weekend. I was looking for badges when were went out to the water crossings but didn't see any. How did you guys get back to the spot you posted. it looked to be behind some ranch fencing. If you saw the tan Ford van or my white Ram Megacab, that was us.
How crowded was it? I decided not to go because I figured being a holiday weekend, it would be packed.

Kenslittle72

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Princeton, Moorpark
Member #

It was packed but we found a nice spot for our three vehicles. The people around there were real nice and other than the occasional friendly dog saying hi, we didn't really feel like they were there.

Reactions: RobertRozsa

BlazingTrails

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fullerton, CA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Barnard
Member #

We say you pass by, we ended up closer to river camp sites. The GPS I got from a YouTube video didn't pan out but the spot we found worked out great, just a short hike to the river.

Attachments

Reactions: Kenslittle72

KingsRiverKid

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Visalia, California
First Name
Arlee
Last Name
Altamirano
Member #

I'm headed up there this weekend and would love to stay as far away from crowds as possible. I have never been there before. If any of could drop some coordinates for me I'd be very grateful.

SixOverland

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Riverside, California, United States
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Peters
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WD6IQX
Service Branch
Army [ABN] 01-05
We were there from June 29th-July 2nd. On our way out on Thursday, we passed what seemed like an endless stream of vehicles. Looks like we picked the right time to camp and the right time to leave.

Attachments

06tacodude

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Morgan Hill, California, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Alarcon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GLP
I'm headed up there this weekend and would love to stay as far away from crowds as possible. I have never been there before. If any of could drop some coordinates for me I'd be very grateful.
How was your trip to Monache Meadows? I believe I met you at the Corral Hollow trip.
I'm planning to head out to Monache 6/27-29. Maybe even get there 6/26.
(I meant 7/26).

Any pointers? I'm on the hunt for Golden trout. :)

Last edited:

KingsRiverKid

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Visalia, California
First Name
Arlee
Last Name
Altamirano
Member #

I'm assuming you mean 7/26. In which case you should be fine. We were there Thurs to Sat and by Friday night it was pretty crowded. Not enough o cause issue by any means but you are not going to be alone. I was a little disappointed in that, as big as that area is, what you have access to is rather small. Lots of private property. We camped all the way to the back across the river and I would recommend that. I saw a few fish caught on fly gear bit not much else. There is a fly shop in Kernville you can stop and ask for pointers. The trail in is pretty mild with only one or two interesting spots. While you are out exploring go across the dune to the meadow boundary, there are some legit trails back there. Nothing you can't handle but interesting for sure.

06tacodude

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Morgan Hill, California, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Alarcon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GLP
I'm assuming you mean 7/26. In which case you should be fine. We were there Thurs to Sat and by Friday night it was pretty crowded. Not enough o cause issue by any means but you are not going to be alone. I was a little disappointed in that, as big as that area is, what you have access to is rather small. Lots of private property. We camped all the way to the back across the river and I would recommend that. I saw a few fish caught on fly gear bit not much else. There is a fly shop in Kernville you can stop and ask for pointers. The trail in is pretty mild with only one or two interesting spots. While you are out exploring go across the dune to the meadow boundary, there are some legit trails back there. Nothing you can't handle but interesting for sure.
Yup I meant 7/26

KingsRiverKid

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Visalia, California
First Name
Arlee
Last Name
Altamirano
Member #

Yeah thats a Sunday (or possibly Monday depending on what you decide) you should have no problem with crowds. You are going to run across a boatload of people coming out but thats not too much of a problem in most places on the trail.

Reactions: 06tacodude