Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
FYI, We are just about at 50 rigs attending.
In a couple of weeks I will send a attendee message from the Rally Point. This message will have all the details of the trip for you to go through before the event.

I look forward to seeing everyone at base camp.

Builder III

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Augustine
Last Name
Wheelister
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRVW409
Service Branch
Army
Glad I got this in my email, had no idea!
Looking forward to being a good steward with y’all

Reactions: 4X3Lander

Lucy R

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Placerville, CA, USA
First Name
Lucy
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LOU
Very cool, and if you wife has any questions about what it will be like she can message my wife @Lucy R here on the forum.
See you in March.
A lot of firsts here for me. First time being part of a rally point. First time attending a trail cleanup. First time with a large group. AND a major first - my wife actually wants to attend this.

Looking forward to it!
I'm happy to see more women willing to try overlanding! I'm also happy to answer any questions here or privately about what it's like on the trail! ~Lucy

Reactions: 4X3Lander

4X3Lander

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

California, United States
First Name
Don
Last Name
4X3Lander
Member #

Hi Lucy, thanks for the warm offer! My wife is interesting in that she likes to camp and we have both grown in the way of camping. For me, it has turned more into an overlanding lifestyle, whereas my wife, it is simply just camping. Kind of hard to explain. I grew up in Wyoming and was in nature all the time, so it never really fully left me, but now that I am older, I am returning to being in nature more than I have.

Anyway, plans for Mojave for us are shifting now. Could be just me, could still be us both or could be neither of us because I now have to make a trip to Montana with those dates being out of my control. I hope I can do both though and look forward to meeting everyone if I / we can!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I will send out a message with all the trip details about one month prior to the event, this will go to all that RSVP'd on the Rally Point.

Looks like we will end up with about 65 total rigs.

Here are some shots of Base Camp.

Attachments

Last edited:

Uniquely Us Adventures

Rank VIII

Pathfinder I

Sacramento, California, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM - KN6TKY & GMRS - WRQT727
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS
I will send out a message with all the trip details about one month prior to the event, this will go to all that RSVP'd on the Rally Point.

Looks like we will end up with about 65 total rigs.

Here are some shots of Base Camp.
Getting excited!! Can’t wait!

Ken M

Rank IV

Traveler III

Napa, CA, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Looking forward to meeting you all !!

Kent, do we need any special tools for clearing the pipe? saws? Torch??

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
At this time we are good with equipment, you just need to bring personal protective equipment, gloves and work boots. This will be outlined in the attendee message next week.

B Wild

Rank VII
Supporter
Investor

Creator I

Issaquah, Washington
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hall
Member #

Hello Kent,
I'm headed out in a couple days to do some overlanding/exploring/camping for a month or two. There is a good chance I will be in the area around that time and I would like to participate if possible. Fingers crossed everything falls into place and I can be there to help out! If I cannot make it, I will do my best to let you know.
Thanks Neil (aka B Wild)

• Love
Reactions: AlexAtWagan

B Wild

Rank VII
Supporter
Investor

Creator I

Issaquah, Washington
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hall
Member #

Hello Kent,
I'm headed out in a couple days to do some overlanding/exploring/camping for a month or two. There is a good chance I will be in the area around that time and I would like to participate if possible. Fingers crossed everything falls into place and I can be there to help out! If I cannot make it, I will do my best to let you know.
Thanks Neil (aka B Wild)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Kent,
Thanks Neil (aka B Wild)
Great if you want I will add you to the attendee message going out next week, that way you will have all the info

RoyD@626

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Glendora, CA, USA
First Name
Roy
Last Name
Diaz
Member #

Hi Kent. My wife and I are attending but would like to take our 13 and 17 year old kids...they do lots of volunteering and want to participate. Are the kids an issue?

Reactions: AzzyRnr

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Kids are great!!!! They will have a good time.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
This is the news I have been waiting for, now we can finalize the plan for base camp.

FROM NPS
Kelbaker Road to Open by March 10th Then Cima Road Closing March 20th

Estimated Completion Date for Kelbalker Road Temporary Repair is March 10th. Morning Star Mine and Kelbaker Roads to Serve as Detour During Cima Road Construction.

KELSO, Calif. – The next phase of road construction at Mojave National Preserve is to begin on Kelbaker Road between Kelso and Baker on Monday February 27th. The contractor Las Vegas Paving Corp. will perform a temporary repair for two missing sections of Kelbaker Road damaged in the 2022 monsoon season. The completed temporary repair will allow two-way traffic over a compacted aggregate surface.
During the period of construction, Kelbaker Road continues to be closed to all vehicles for the safety of road crews and motorists. The road is expected to be open to all traffic by March 10th 2023. Weather and other unforeseen circumstances may delay this opening date.

Uniquely Us Adventures

Rank VIII

Pathfinder I

Sacramento, California, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM - KN6TKY & GMRS - WRQT727
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS
At this time we are good with equipment, you just need to bring personal protective equipment, gloves and work boots. This will be outlined in the attendee message next week.
Did I miss the attendee message? Never saw anything come through?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Everyone that RSPD'd should have received an attendee message sent this afternoon Wednesday March 01. If for some reason you did not receive the message check the RSVP list on the Rally Point.

Reactions: Ken M