Mojave Desert to Vegas to Grand Canyon Trip

• HTML tutorial

infennonlabs

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Planning a trip through Mojave Desert to Vegas to Grand Canyon and back from the peninsula the week between Christmas and New Year's. Anyone interested?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Here are the routes I'm thinking:

Camp in Alder Creek the first day and then on the Mojave Road the second day http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=San Mateo&daddr=Alder Creek Campground to:n35 11.123 w115 41.567 to:n35 10.569 w115 30.555 to:n35 08.850 w115 18.898 to:Fort Paiute to:Las Vegas Strip, Nevada to:AZ-389, Arizona&geocode=FW8qPQId63W1-ClFVanvYJ6PgDGnG8wt9PyO_Q==;FaMFIQId1iDu-Cl_1AfVzNTBgDFF1GGDhy-PUw==;FefiGAIdEasa-Q==;Fda-GAId_ncd-Q==;FexOGAId6m4g-Q==;FZrPFwId-nYl-SkP14jECLLPgDEu7COYUVyh8A==;FRIRJwIdEJoi-Snr1Cg0OMTIgDFMgyYMXRniQw==;FTpoMgIdOF1H-Sk_kV0qTS7LgDH13DOJ5pI71w==&dirflg=d

Not planning on doing the water crossing

The other half of the route:

For the best route in current traffic visit https://goo.gl/maps/TbyJoDUtbwt

Last edited:
Reactions: nicolesea

infennonlabs

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

What happened?
Was coming back from the first camp spot on my scouting mission and I think I killed 5th gear. Broke down after losing power in 5th and lost fluid from the transmission and I think rear differential. Not sure of the extent of damage. Or if 1-4 still works. Think I was losing 5th the entire way home, had some grinding.

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

Was coming back from the first camp spot on my scouting mission and I think I killed 5th gear. Broke down after losing power in 5th and lost fluid from the transmission and I think rear differential. Not sure of the extent of damage. Or if 1-4 still works. Think I was losing 5th the entire way home, had some grinding.
Ugh, that sucks. Post a “rebuild” thread. It will be interesting and informative.

Reactions: infennonlabs