Superfishal

Rank III

Advocate I

Annapolis, MD, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Alan
Just booked a few nights in Moab in mid April as a base camp. Plan on wheelin’ in the area for 3-4 days. Going to try to secure a White Rim overnight permit when it opens for next year. I have never been to Moab…plan on hiking in Arches/Wheelin in Island in the Sky..would appreciate any and all input,must do,must see…inside and outside the Parks…thank you in advance..

wishihada4runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Funny I found this post as I was just here to ask for pointers on a week long trip around Utah! I'm in Fort Collins, CO. I just ordered a '22 JLUR, hoping to get it by February. I'm coming from a lifted Subaru Outback so this will be quite the jump up. I know, I wish I had a 4runner.... well.... screw you Toyota making me wait too long, now my family is a Jeep family. Although I'll still always have a little part of Toyota fanboy in my heart. Anyway..... Are you doing a caravan or anything? You looking for company? I was going to ask a couple others if they wanted to do a trip with me. I've never been but I wanted to do some sort of loop in UT and hit Arches, Moab (is Arches part of Moab? I'm a noob), Canyonlands, Zion, Dixie, Fishlake, Manti-La Sal and then home.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Funny I found this post as I was just here to ask for pointers on a week long trip around Utah! I'm in Fort Collins, CO. I just ordered a '22 JLUR, hoping to get it by February. I'm coming from a lifted Subaru Outback so this will be quite the jump up. I know, I wish I had a 4runner.... well.... screw you Toyota making me wait too long, now my family is a Jeep family. Although I'll still always have a little part of Toyota fanboy in my heart. Anyway..... Are you doing a caravan or anything? You looking for company? I was going to ask a couple others if they wanted to do a trip with me. I've never been but I wanted to do some sort of loop in UT and hit Arches, Moab (is Arches part of Moab? I'm a noob), Canyonlands, Zion, Dixie, Fishlake, Manti-La Sal and then home.
You guys might want to watch the dates you’re looking at… Bronco invasion 2022 is mid April… and we already have most of the camp grounds and motels booked for the second and third weeks of April.

wishihada4runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

You guys might want to watch the dates you’re looking at… Bronco invasion 2022 is mid April… and we already have most of the camp grounds and motels booked for the second and third weeks of April.
Can’t have an invasion if there are no vehicles to invade with! To be fair, I am finally starting to see some non-sports on the road. Thanks for the heads up though for sure!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Can’t have an invasion if there are no vehicles to invade with! To be fair, I am finally starting to see some non-sports on the road. Thanks for the heads up though for sure!
What do you mean no vehicles to invade with… this is the 16th annual invasion… the invasion is actually 2nd-5th Gen Broncos invading the first Gen 1966-1977 Bronco Safari… AFAIK the new broncos haven’t been invited to the invasion, and haven’t made any plans of their own invasion.

Last edited:

Superfishal

Rank III

Advocate I

Annapolis, MD, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Alan
Thanks for the heads up…should be a great time of year for your Bronco Rendevous..I booked a VRBO awhile back so I’m good to go with accommodations.…

Superfishal

Rank III

Advocate I

Annapolis, MD, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Alan
Best of luck with your new purchase and welcome to the Jeep family! I’ll be exploring with my family so not looking for an organized itinerary. Always folks on here looking to go as groups..check out or start a Rally point. Great community here to help out and again,welcome to a great Jeep family!

Last edited:

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Restaurants: Milt's - an old school burger and shake "fast food" style place.....it will be busy, it will not be fast, but is a must go place!
Jailhouse Cafe - breakfast place on main drag...all the food is awesome, but the bacon is a religious experience.
Pasta Jay's - also on the main drag...Italian food...another must go.

Reactions: Superfishal

Superfishal

Rank III

Advocate I

Annapolis, MD, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Alan
Restaurants: Milt's - an old school burger and shake "fast food" style place.....it will be busy, it will not be fast, but is a must go place!
Jailhouse Cafe - breakfast place on main drag...all the food is awesome, but the bacon is a religious experience.
Pasta Jay's - also on the main drag...Italian food...another must go.
No good Overlanding Story started with “I had the most amazing bean sprout salad”…lol…

Reactions: zgfiredude

wishihada4runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

My neighbor told me about it, I guess they go every year. It sounds cool but I’d probably prefer my first time to be when it’s not too busy, no special events planned. I’ll probably be slow and not have a clue where I’m going or what I’m doing and to be honest, most Jeep people I’ve MET aren’t all that friendly.

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Feel free to ping me via message, I live near Rifle and am always up to go. I've been around there quite a bit, but mostly on motorcycles.

Reactions: wishihada4runner

Superfishal

Rank III

Advocate I

Annapolis, MD, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Alan
My neighbor told me about it, I guess they go every year. It sounds cool but I’d probably prefer my first time to be when it’s not too busy, no special events planned. I’ll probably be slow and not have a clue where I’m going or what I’m doing and to be honest, most Jeep people I’ve MET aren’t all that friendly.
Looks like a good introduction to Moab may be thru this group? Anyone fellow Overland folks I’ve met,especially the Jeep crowd is incredibly welcoming..

Superfishal

Rank III

Advocate I

Annapolis, MD, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Alan
What a trip! Ran 2 runs with Red Rock 4 Wheelers..what a great,well organized group of folks..awesome hosts! Great comraderie ,great food,great 4 wheelin….Moab is crazy fun!

Last edited:
Reactions: wishihada4runner