Moab - Arches Camping

• HTML tutorial

Judge

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Woodland Hills, CA
Member #

Howdy folks! I'll be running the White Rim Trail the second week of October and am looking for a nice spot to camp a few days afterwards and explore Moab and Arches NP. Any suggestions or favorite spots? I'd really appreciate any comments you may have. Many thanks!

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I took the liberty of copying a Post from here (post #13) that Justin from @Anchor Mtn put up some info to basically the same question.

Justin's a good guy, very familiar with the area, I've camped at some of these spots, when you get there, you'll get how easy it is to find an awesome primitive spot. Knowing you, I'm sure you'll represent and leave a clean camp with no trace! :smile:

Dan

We are only about an hour from Moab.(Fruita, CO) Let me know what dates youre going to be there and Ill go run a few trails with you if Im around!

Camping:
North - Mill Canyon Rd both near the highway and about 10miles in., Dalton Wells Rd. Both unimproved and no facilities
West - Kane Springs Rd - Campgrounds called "The Ledges".. the last 2 are the best right out by Kane Creek Trailhead. $15/night and have vault toilets
East - Campgrounds are all along the river on Hwy 128. $15/night with vault Toilets, Sand Flats Recreation Area(Home to Fins/Hells)
South - Climb the big hill on Hwy 191.. Top of the hill turn right to Behind the Rocks Rd, Free sites near the sand dunes. Free, No facilities. Top of the hill turn left to Pole Canyon Rd... go past Area BFE follow the road up the hill and go to the cliff.(38°22'41.3"N 109°25'20.7"W)
Center - Canyonlands campground right in downtown. Its a lot nicer than you think it will be.

Heres our "Must-Do List" for Moab:
Fins N Things
7 Mile Rim
TOTW
Dome Plateau
Onion Creek/Fisher Towers/Polar Mesa(If it hasnt started snowing yet)
Tusher Tunnel
Hidden Canyon
Flat Iron Mesa(bypass Easter Egg Hill/Intimidator if you are alone)
Jax Trax
Picture Frame Arch
Chicken Corners/Hurrah Pass/Jacksons Hole
White Rim/Shaffer Switchbacks/Potash Rd - No Dogs
Elephant Hill/Beef Basin - No Dogs

Judge

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Woodland Hills, CA
Member #

Hey there! Good intel..thanks very much Dan. And yes indeed...any campsites or trails if anything will be cleaner for my having been there! Peace.