Launch Member

Contributor III

Moscow Mills
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Rice
Member #

I'm thinking of taking a 3 today trip, maybe take off early Friday morning and return su day afternoon. I live in Troy Mo and don't really have a destination in mind. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Broke

El Capitan

Rank 0

Traveler I

Springfield, MO, USA
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Breedlove
I’m in Nixa outside of Springfield, if anyone wants to meet up I would be interested. Also new to overlanding so if anyone has any fun and interesting spots in SW Missouri feel free to shoot me some ideas.

Reactions: Broke and Cambino

El Capitan

Rank 0

Traveler I

Springfield, MO, USA
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Breedlove

ShyTRex

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Moscow Mills
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Rice
Member #

I haven’t but I can say that Meramec and Dogwood Canyon are amazing places to go even if it’s just for hiking and sightseeing. Not sure for overlanding, maybe check the MVUMs in the area. I’ll have to check this route out, as I’m looking to go out next weekend since the weather here is nice.
So i'm new to the concept of overlanding what is MVUMs?

Smokey_Bear_JLUR

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Oakville, MO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Kuhn
Member #

Service Branch
LEO (Ret'd)
I haven't done that route, but it looks like a good trip to take my girls on this spring. If you do this route, make sure to carve out a couple hours to do the hike at Pickle Springs Conservation Area between St. Gen and Farmington. I was there this past weekend, and it was beautiful. Its a 2 miles hike with natural arches, some small falls, a small, mini-canyon and a picturesque overlook. It's supposedly a one hour hike. For me, with four young daughters to wrangle, it took two!

Cambino

Rank 0

Traveler I

St. Louisan here looking to go on a trip thru the ozark national forest, parts of the transamerica trail up thru Memphis, as an extended weekend trip. I have a route mapped with camping spots roughly picked. I am planning to go sometime in early May. I was going to go with just my wife but I think for safety/recovery purposes I would like to get a group together! Let me know who would be interested and I will set something up!

ShyTRex

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Moscow Mills
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Rice
Member #

St. Louisan here looking to go on a trip thru the ozark national forest, parts of the transamerica trail up thru Memphis, as an extended weekend trip. I have a route mapped with camping spots roughly picked. I am planning to go sometime in early May. I was going to go with just my wife but I think for safety/recovery purposes I would like to get a group together! Let me know who would be interested and I will set something up!
Whats your mapped out Route?

El Capitan

Rank 0

Traveler I

Springfield, MO, USA
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Breedlove
May be interested, been looking into going down towards the buffalo river and ozark national forest.

Reactions: Broke and Cambino

Cambino

Rank 0

Traveler I

Whats your mapped out Route?
Day 1 Thursday

Leave Thursday 3.5 hour drive to Branson

Hang out in Branson

Camp in Table rock state park or “lakeside RV” in Branson

Day 2 Friday

Leave Early Drive to Glory Hole Falls 1.5 Hour Drive or to increase trail length drive to Mountainburg 2 Hour Drive

Hit TAT

Find scenic stops

Camp at Bayou Bluff National Rec Area in SW Ozark Natl Forest

Day 3 Saturday

Trails to St Francis National Forest, or Memphis

Day 4 Sunday

Drive to Memphis,

Highway 55 back to STL, 4 Hour Drive

Link to Google Earth Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1dCb0Ao26vNZ3_63-qx4Afe5ieUM&hl=en&ll=35.35894283899366,-93.07395593749999&z=9

Reactions: Broke and ShyTRex

Cambino

Rank 0

Traveler I

I'm thinking it may be better to stay in Ozark National forest, and just drive back thru branson on the way, I am not sure if the trails outside of the NF are any good or not.

El Capitan

Rank 0

Traveler I

Springfield, MO, USA
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Breedlove
Day 1 Thursday

Leave Thursday 3.5 hour drive to Branson

Hang out in Branson

Camp in Table rock state park or “lakeside RV” in Branson

Day 2 Friday

Leave Early Drive to Glory Hole Falls 1.5 Hour Drive or to increase trail length drive to Mountainburg 2 Hour Drive

Hit TAT

Find scenic stops

Camp at Bayou Bluff National Rec Area in SW Ozark Natl Forest

Day 3 Saturday

Trails to St Francis National Forest, or Memphis

Day 4 Sunday

Drive to Memphis,

Highway 55 back to STL, 4 Hour Drive

Link to Google Earth Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1dCb0Ao26vNZ3_63-qx4Afe5ieUM&hl=en&ll=35.35894283899366,-93.07395593749999&z=9
I may be interested depending on the dates. There’s probably more people interested than just the two people here. We may be able to arrange a meet up.

No0ob overlander

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Missouri
First Name
David
Last Name
Wise
Member #

I'm here in Bourbon, Mo. MTNF is great, spent lots of time there (Salem/Potosi area), lots of space, many miles of gravel and dirt roads low water bridges and some trails. Beautiful scenery everywhere. Plenty of things to see, picnic areas, camping areas, I put in 100 miles in an 8 hour day.

Unfortunately, my rig is down right now, needs a tranny rebuild. But there are like 9 sections of MTNF, and that was only 1. There is over 3,000,000 acres total between them.

Maplesyrup57

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Saint Louis, Missouri
Member #

St. Louis checking in, new to overland bound and new to overlanding. tons of questions and would love to get out there and do some lighter trails and water crossings. Would love to just explore! not really into the idea of serious off road or rock crawling, my 80 series is my everyday driver so I cant really afford to beat it up too much! If anybody knows of any good open and legal trails close to STL im all ears!

Reactions: Broke and ShyTRex