Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Stockton, MO, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Holdeman
Member #

Thats cool you helped. I'm saying there is no one usually with me or in the area. Dont have alot of close friends that are into the same thing.

Reactions: UploadAdventure

Rich_the4x4podcast

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Lawrence KS
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Young
Member #

So when I hear the word "trails" I think off-road parks, since everything else is a designated road. If it's not a designated road, you're probably on private property. Hell, you may even be on private property on a designated road (but that may be a Kansas thing).

UploadAdventure

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dixon, MO, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Monsalvo
Member #

So when I hear the word "trails" I think off-road parks, since everything else is a designated road. If it's not a designated road, you're probably on private property. Hell, you may even be on private property on a designated road (but that may be a Kansas thing).
You can find some okay fire roads down in the Mark Twain area by Potosi. I’ve don’t the Trans Missouri Overland Trail a few time now. All pretty much dirt roads.

The best thing in Missouri, that I’ve found, is taking service roads to a field or something and doing a small group camp.

That’s what I’d like to try and do before it gets to hot out here. Run a couple roads to a camp site. Hang out, bonfire, laugh, music, food.

Probably going to be around the Eminence area.

Reactions: MRG2006

MPLMNT

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Etobicoke, Toronto, ON, Canada
First Name
Dragan
Last Name
Grubesic
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZZI
We were in the MT forest a fair bit over the last little while and especially this weekend.
Potosi area and Sutton Bluff area and a bit of in between. All day trips.
Fun exploring some of the roads. All easy driving.
Lots and lots to see and explore still. There are a few places we will try and check off the list tomorrow.

IMG_8515.jpeg
IMG_8021.jpeg

I am thinking of a "Trans-Forest" or "Forest Loop" kind of a trip or drive in the near future.
The kiddo is off school so I am thinking we will start to scout and route in the coming week.

Draykas

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Buffalo, Missouri, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Sharp
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
I agree been searching and always get referred to Chadwick area (no camping that I have found) or told to visit Arkansas

Taco_Charlie

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Puyear
Member #

You can find some okay fire roads down in the Mark Twain area by Potosi. I’ve don’t the Trans Missouri Overland Trail a few time now. All pretty much dirt roads.

The best thing in Missouri, that I’ve found, is taking service roads to a field or something and doing a small group camp.

That’s what I’d like to try and do before it gets to hot out here. Run a couple roads to a camp site. Hang out, bonfire, laugh, music, food.

Probably going to be around the Eminence area.
Where can I find the route for the Trans Missouri Overland Trail?

Reactions: UploadAdventure

Draykas

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Buffalo, Missouri, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Sharp
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
I am up for some service roads and cam[ping leave on southwest side of Missouri so Mark twain forest is a bit

hodges

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Sparta, MO, USA
First Name
Jess
Last Name
Hodges
Member #

I agree been searching and always get referred to Chadwick area (no camping that I have found) or told to visit Arkansas
It is the forestry department legally you need to look at the MVUM Maps. Go a little bit further to Bradleyville south on 125 to glad top there is some nice trails

Reactions: Draykas