Welch
Member #

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

We were primarily HMMWV based, but we got a couple of MaxxPros for our last few months in Iraq. Never really liked them. Damn things always felt like they were gonna roll.

Nice sunset in Southern Iraq after a two day convoy back in 2008. I can't believe that was almost 10 years ago now.

- Tyler
That's a nice shot. And yeah, I know what you mean. '09-'10 for me, so coming up on that mark myself.

Reactions: TRT87

TRT87

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tennies
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
We were primarily HMMWV based, but we got a couple of MaxxPros for our last few months in Iraq. Never really liked them. Damn things always felt like they were gonna roll.

That's a nice shot. And yeah, I know what you mean. '09-'10 for me, so coming up on that mark myself.
@Quicksilver ,

We never rolled one, but I know what you mean. I was a gunner and when thous big boys started rocken they would throw me all over the place. It was like surfing on steel.

- Tyler

Reactions: Quicksilver

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

Not to derail the thread. But you kids (can say that cause I know you are younger than me. Ha-ha). Have it a lot better than the early stages of all that stuff. This was my HAT (Heavy Armored Truck). A M923a2 with an upfitted armored cab and cargo box. This thing had to be close in max carry weight (5 tons). When we got her up to speed (near 60mph.) on the hard ball.. she wasn't stopping, and rolling slam thru anything.

upload_2018-1-27_13-45-6.jpeg

upload_2018-1-27_13-45-23.jpeg