Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Bennett

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Baltimore, MD
Member #

I am thinking Frederick, MD could be a good meet up point for anyone coming from the Baltimore, DC, Richmond area or anyone coming north on 95. A secondary meet up could be Hagerstown, MD for the ones coming north on 81.

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

@rixham @firststateoverland just got my ticket. Can't wait to see you guys! I'm trying to head up early Thursday, or possibly Wednesday if work allows. If caravanning doesn't work for everyone, I'll make sure to score us some good spots when I get there

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Just got back from the long Canada trip and back to work on Monday. I should be able to assess the work "damage" and let you know what I can do as far as mee

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

@rixham @David Whiteman - It looks like I'll be heading up Thursday, although last year we were WAY early. I know Robert mentioned getting there early, but it wasn't exactly a fight for space and we did end up sitting in the 110 degree heat for a while as we waited for everyone else to show up. I was thinking of using that same grocery store (The Sharp Shopper in Belleville, PA) as a meet up if you guys still wanted to convoy. However, I see they're having a Thursday trail ride on property too that I might try and catch. So I'm thinking meetup at noon, leave by 1pm again?

I see they posted the schedule now too. Looks like you're either going on trail rides full time or classes. It seems they are really selling the crap out of the Woolrich angle lately too. That Friday ride to Woolrich PA is a hell of a hike on paved roads, let alone trails.

David Whiteman

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Member #

@rixham @David Whiteman - It looks like I'll be heading up Thursday, although last year we were WAY early. I know Robert mentioned getting there early, but it wasn't exactly a fight for space and we did end up sitting in the 110 degree heat for a while as we waited for everyone else to show up. I was thinking of using that same grocery store (The Sharp Shopper in Belleville, PA) as a meet up if you guys still wanted to convoy. However, I see they're having a Thursday trail ride on property too that I might try and catch. So I'm thinking meetup at noon, leave by 1pm again?

I see they posted the schedule now too. Looks like you're either going on trail rides full time or classes. It seems they are really selling the crap out of the Woolrich angle lately too. That Friday ride to Woolrich PA is a hell of a hike on paved roads, let alone trails.
Works for me. I'm down to hit some trails before setting up camp. Once I'm setup, I'm not tearing down until Sunday.

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

Works for me. I'm down to hit some trails before setting up camp. Once I'm setup, I'm not tearing down until Sunday.

I'll have the trailer this year, so I can drop it and still ride some trails in the Jeep. There's plenty of room if you wanted to ride along and not break down camp on later rides.

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

Hello from Springfield, VA (just at the southern end of 495 in the DMV)! I just registered for the event and plan to take full advantage of the classes offered at the festival. Are you guys still planning to meet at Frederick and heading up to the event as a group?

Reactions: geekyadam

Bennett

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Baltimore, MD
Member #

I haven't seen an official caravan thread for MAOF so I am willing to set one up for anyone driving through MD.

MAOF 2017 Meeting Points:

• Einstein Bro. Bagels - 9250 Baltimore National Pike, Ellicott City, MD 21043
  • Belles Sports Bar & Grill - 1202 E Patrick St, Frederick, MD 21701
  • Starbucks - 17326 Valley Mall Rd, Hagerstown, MD 21740
  • Milky Way - 99 Path Valley Rd, Fort Loudon, PA 17224
  • McDonalds - 121 E Shirley St, Mt Union, PA 17066
  • MAOF 2017 -3 Couch Lane Huntingdon, PA 16652
If you plan to meet up at one of these points, please respond to this by Aug 7th. If a meeting point doesn't have anyone planning to be there it might just get dropped to save time.

Final meeting points along with arrival and departure times will be posted here by Aug 8th at 5PM.

I plan to be at Meet at Einstein Bros. Bagels on Rt 40 in Ellicott City MD. (the first meeting point) about 20mins before the established arrival time to get some food and coffee.

MAOF 2017 Meeting Point Details:

For anyone coming from the Baltimore, Columbia, Laurel, MD area or any other caravan coming north on I-95 toward Baltimore:
Meet at Einstein Bros. Bagels on Rt 40 in Ellicott City MD.
  • Caravan Arrives @ Ellicott City 0700
  • Caravan Departs @ Ellicott City 0720

For anyone coming from the Washington, DC area heading north on I270 or taking RT340 toward Frederick or in the Frederick, MD area:
Meet at Belles Sports Bar & Grill E Patrick St, Frederick, MD
  • Caravan Arrives @ Frederick, MD 0800
  • Caravan Departs @ Frederick, MD 0815

For anyone heading north on I81 or east of Frederick, MD:
Meet at Starbucks - Valley Mall Rd, Hagerstown, MD
  • Caravan Arrives @ Hagerstown, MD 0855
  • Caravan Departs @ Hagerstown, MD 0910

For anyone coming from Waynesboro, Chambersburg, Mercersburg, PA areas:
Meet at Milky Way - Path Valley Rd, Fort Loudon, PA
  • Caravan Arrives @ Fort Loudon, PA 0950
  • Caravan Departs @ Fort Loudon, PA 1005

For anyone coming from Shippensburg, Shade Gap or Three Springs, PA areas:
Meet at McDonalds - E Shirley St, Mt Union, PA
  • Caravan Arrives @ Mt. Union, PA 1055
  • Caravan Departs @ Mt. Union, PA 1110

Everyone else, we will meet you a MAOF!

Caravan Arrives @ MAOF 1200
MAOF 2017 -3 Couch Lane Huntingdon, PA 16652

Caravan Totals: 157 Miles - 5 hours

I am looking forward to meeting other OB members!

Reactions: outwardbound

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
As much as I'd like to go, I'm not going to be able to make it this year. Hope everyone has a good time out there! If you come by Covington, Va to get there, give me a shout!

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

I'm a little bit out of the way for all of those paths. If anyone is taking 655 / 322 in, it looks like @David Whiteman and I are meeting up in Bellville at the Sharp Shopper, leaving by 1pm. (Sidenote: David - if the new routes that Bennett listed above work better for you coming from the same direction, let me know and I'll just see you guys there. Don't make a special trip out of your way if that caravan works better for you.)

outwardbound

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mascoutah, IL
Member #

I haven't seen an official caravan thread for MAOF so I am willing to set one up for anyone driving through MD.

MAOF 2017 Meeting Points:

• MAOF 2017 -3 Couch Lane Huntingdon, PA 16652
If you plan to meet up at one of these points, please respond to this by Aug 7th. If a meeting point doesn't have anyone planning to be there it might just get dropped to save time.

Final meeting points along with arrival and departure times will be posted here by Aug 8th at 5PM.

I plan to be at Meet at Einstein Bros. Bagels on Rt 40 in Ellicott City MD. (the first meeting point) about 20mins before the established arrival time to get some food and coffee.

MAOF 2017 Meeting Point Details:

For anyone coming from the Baltimore, Columbia, Laurel, MD area or any other caravan coming north on I-95 toward Baltimore:
Meet at Einstein Bros. Bagels on Rt 40 in Ellicott City MD.
  • Caravan Arrives @ Ellicott City 0700
  • Caravan Departs @ Ellicott City 0720

For anyone coming from the Washington, DC area heading north on I270 or taking RT340 toward Frederick or in the Frederick, MD area:
Meet at Belles Sports Bar & Grill E Patrick St, Frederick, MD
  • Caravan Arrives @ Frederick, MD 0800
  • Caravan Departs @ Frederick, MD 0815

For anyone heading north on I81 or east of Frederick, MD:
Meet at Starbucks - Valley Mall Rd, Hagerstown, MD
  • Caravan Arrives @ Hagerstown, MD 0855
  • Caravan Departs @ Hagerstown, MD 0910

For anyone coming from Waynesboro, Chambersburg, Mercersburg, PA areas:
Meet at Milky Way - Path Valley Rd, Fort Loudon, PA
  • Caravan Arrives @ Fort Loudon, PA 0950
  • Caravan Departs @ Fort Loudon, PA 1005

For anyone coming from Shippensburg, Shade Gap or Three Springs, PA areas:
Meet at McDonalds - E Shirley St, Mt Union, PA
  • Caravan Arrives @ Mt. Union, PA 1055
  • Caravan Departs @ Mt. Union, PA 1110

Everyone else, we will meet you a MAOF!

Caravan Arrives @ MAOF 1200
MAOF 2017 -3 Couch Lane Huntingdon, PA 16652

Caravan Totals: 157 Miles - 5 hours

I am looking forward to meeting other OB members!
Thanks for setting this up. See you in Ellicott City.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Meeting with @DRJ in Springfield, VA @ noon and heading north between noon and 1PM. Any joiners are welcome but give us heads up asap so you don't get left behind.

David Whiteman

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Member #

I'm a little bit out of the way for all of those paths. If anyone is taking 655 / 322 in, it looks like @David Whiteman and I are meeting up in Bellville at the Sharp Shopper, leaving by 1pm. (Sidenote: David - if the new routes that Bennett listed above work better for you coming from the same direction, let me know and I'll just see you guys there. Don't make a special trip out of your way if that caravan works better for you.)
I'm good for Sharp shopper around noon - noon30. Gives me a little extra time in the morning to pack up.