Advocate I

Canberra ACT, Australia
First Name
Jarrad
Last Name
Horne
Member #

Hi All,
When I joined Overland Bound I purchased a metal emblem and stuck it to the side of my truck. Im now selling my current PXII Ranger and getting a Next-Gen Raptor next month.
Does anyone how I can either:
1) Get the current metal emblem off the car without damaging the paint job? and how i re-stick it to the new truck?
2) How do i go about ordering a new metal emblem and keep my current badge number (28692).

Thanks in advance :)

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi All,
When I joined Overland Bound I purchased a metal emblem and stuck it to the side of my truck. Im now selling my current PXII Ranger and getting a Next-Gen Raptor next month.
1) Get the current metal emblem off the car without damaging the paint job? and how i re-stick it to the new truck?
2) How do i go about ordering a new metal emblem and keep my current badge number (28692).

Hair drier to warm up the backing 3M tape and fishing line worked for me by sliding it under the tape.
New replacement emblems can be ordered in the members area of the shop and i think you can still get replacement 3M patches if you need to transfer your emblem to another vehicle

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Emblem:

Adhesives:

Jim

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My advise is to use the heat gun method Polaris Overland talked about. You really dont want someone driving around with your badge number on. your old car.
But as Jim SoG said you can also get duplicates.

Reactions: OVRLNDCBR

OVRLNDCBR

Rank V

Advocate I

Canberra ACT, Australia
First Name
Jarrad
Last Name
Horne
Member #

Hi All,

Hair drier to warm up the backing 3M tape and fishing line worked for me by sliding it under the tape.
New replacement emblems can be ordered in the members area of the shop and i think you can still get replacement 3M patches if you need to transfer your emblem to another vehicle
Thanks for the information mate - greatly appreciated. I’ll have a go with the hair drier on the weekend. Cheers

OVRLNDCBR

Rank V

Advocate I

Canberra ACT, Australia
First Name
Jarrad
Last Name
Horne
Member #

Emblem:

Adhesives:

Jim
Champion! Thank you sir

OVRLNDCBR

Rank V

Advocate I

Canberra ACT, Australia
First Name
Jarrad
Last Name
Horne
Member #

My advise is to use the heat gun method Polaris Overland talked about. You really dont want someone driving around with your badge number on. your old car.
But as Jim SoG said you can also get duplicates.
Thanks and agree mate, badge needs to come off before selling the car.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks and agree mate, badge needs to come off before selling the car.
I also used a plastic putty knife and the heat gun once and it worked ok.
You can order the 3m round stickers to put them back on the vehicle from the OB store.