Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
That one didn't seem to work I can only see the stops.
I loaded the KML into Google Earth and saw only the waypoints as well. Tried exporting some of the routes from onX as KML files and got the same thing (just waypoints) in Google Earth. If you open the GPX into Google Earth and select "Create KML LineStrings" you will get something that approximates the route(s) but is very unwieldy as the routes are turned into separate waypoints and it slows Google Earth to a crawl. Its been a while since I dug into the KML format so I am at a loss for how to help you. Other than the GPX seems to work fine for me in onX/Gaia. I'm not familiar with the Magellan TRX so don't have anything to offer - maybe an internet search will yield something.

Reactions: BP Jeep

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

I appreciate all the responses, and thank you to those who are getting that trail listed here on OB!

I have an added question - when I try clicking on the GPX files a couple of you have posted I get a red message that pops up saying “Unable to parse GPX track information”. I’ve downloaded the Gaia app onto my phone so that I can open any GPX files - but at least here in the app (not sure if this would be true if I was logged in through the overland bound website instead) I can’t download or view those files.

Is the problem that I’m not a member, or that I need to do this through a web browser instead of the app, or an issue with the OB app?

Thanks for all your help everyone!

Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I appreciate all the responses, and thank you to those who are getting that trail listed here on OB!

I have an added question - when I try clicking on the GPX files a couple of you have posted I get a red message that pops up saying “Unable to parse GPX track information”. I’ve downloaded the Gaia app onto my phone so that I can open any GPX files - but at least here in the app (not sure if this would be true if I was logged in through the overland bound website instead) I can’t download or view those files.

Is the problem that I’m not a member, or that I need to do this through a web browser instead of the app, or an issue with the OB app?

Could you let us know which GPX file that the OB1 app is having a problem with? I have not tried them all in OB1 and it would be good to file a bug report if OB1 is the only app choking on it.

I don’t believe that there are any limitations on opening GPX files for non-members but could be wrong, that error though should never be seen, if your action was not allowed I would expect a different error message.

FYI - at this point there is no web version of the OB1 app but I hear it is coming!

Reactions: JaredThomsen

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Thanks for your help!

I’ve gotten the same error message on all the GPX files you and @BP Jeep have posted in this thread, so at this point I can’t open/view/download any of them here on the OB app.

I wonder if anyone else is having this problem? I’ve never tried using GPX files before now and just downloaded the Gaia app thinking it could help bridge the gap so that I can open GPX files on here - but no luck.

I appreciate any and all help on this!

Could you let us know which GPX file that the OB1 app is having a problem with? I have not tried them all in OB1 and it would be good to file a bug report if OB1 is the only app choking on it.

I don’t believe that there are any limitations on opening GPX files for non-members but could be wrong, that error though should never be seen, if your action was not allowed I would expect a different error message.

FYI - at this point there is no web version of the OB1 app but I hear it is coming!

Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
@Michael are you aware of the issue that @JaredThomsen is reporting? OB non-member with OB1 app gets “Unable to parse GPX track information” when attempting to open a GPX in OB1.
If this is indeed a limitation maybe a more descriptive error message could be presented?

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@Michael are you aware of the issue that @JaredThomsen is reporting? OB non-member with OB1 app gets “Unable to parse GPX track information” when attempting to open a GPX in OB1.
If this is indeed a limitation maybe a more descriptive error message could be presented?
Hi guys - apologies I missed this note - yes, this is a known issue and we have a fix for next release. Thank you for your patience!

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Thank you!

Hi guys - apologies I missed this note - yes, this is a known issue and we have a fix for next release. Thank you for your patience!