First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WREL219
Hey all,

Thank you for the questions! The truth is nope, the one-time fee is not enough. That basically pays for the emblem and shipping...but we have a plan!

Here is the very short answer to a complicated question: I used to support OLB with money from my day job...then it exploded and Corrie and I knew that to do this right, we would both need to work on this full time. We both quit our jobs to do so, and now we are developing software as part of the long-term plan. The current software will continue to be available for the one time fee, and next year we will offer a "Expedition Tier" of premium features for a yearly subscription. It is hoped that will be enough to grow Overland Bound and continue to support our members and community better than any other adventure community on the planet. That's the goal!

M
I am a new member, well not new new but still new enough to be called a newbie.
I chose the monthly option because if the reason some if you stated. Now I know everyone can let $10.00 month flow out if pocket. That’s cool
I figure I buy that much in coffee in a couple days.
Just a thought for some of the OB folks who greatly appreciate what these folks have done.
Looking forward to meeting y’all at Overland Expo East this year.

TheRealMcCoy

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fayetteville, TN, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WREL219
I chose the monthly option because if the reason some if you stated. Now I know everyone can let $10.00 month flow out if pocket. That’s cool
Just a thought for some of the OB folks who greatly appreciate what these folks have done.
I’m so new I cannot spell check. So, correction in “CAN” to Can’t in $10.00 month.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
We'll be there! Thank you!

M

Reactions: fireyota30

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@Michael what kind of features will the "Expedition Tier" have?

I'm in for the long run! (even though I no longer have a car)
This is still being defined, but the expedition tier will have track recording and sharing, off-line navigation, 3D viewers, Layers, Beacon (send location to friends and family), and other essential tools for expedition travel.

We'll be extending the easy-to-use form factor of 1.0 Mobile to professional mapping and navigation tools.

Abreu93

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Berwick, PA, USA
First Name
Erickson
Last Name
Abreu
Love it....but really? How can you guys do this without dues? Recurring revenue is the way of the future. You'll renew every member.....as long as you keep the dues equal to perceived value. Business is business and I my input would be....fair renewal fees!! I want this community to be assured of sustainability. Just think of the cool things you could do for various causes OB supports. Sorry for the late reply as I've been off the grid for months. Cheers, Rich
Makes a very valid argument there

Agards1011

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sarasota, FL, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Gardner
Member #

This is still being defined, but the expedition tier will have track recording and sharing, off-line navigation, 3D viewers, Layers, Beacon (send location to friends and family), and other essential tools for expedition travel.

We'll be extending the easy-to-use form factor of 1.0 Mobile to professional mapping and navigation tools.
Is the alpha/beta closed? I’ve submitted my name and email several times over the past few months and never received anything.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all - Just jumping in here, with the development and release of our app Overland Bound One, which provides services we develop and maintain, there is an annual subscription for access to those services. Legacy Members, pre July 1st, 2020 are grandfathered to have access to all features available to them at the time. This link might answer questions about what features I'm referring to, but please let me know if there are questions.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I have a question for you. How do I renew my membership. I believe it was due on the 9th of January?
You should be all set but I’ll double check. Log in to store.overlandbound.com (different login for security reasons) and you can check your account status.

Thank you!

M

frosty_t4r

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Flagstaff, AZ, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Cogburn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS -- WROT556
I am looking at getting a membership but if for some reason I have to cancel it what happens? Do you still keep your OB number or just loose the app features? Thank you!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I am looking at getting a membership but if for some reason I have to cancel it what happens? Do you still keep your OB number or just loose the app features? Thank you!
Hi Jacob! Thank you for considering it! You keep your member number if you cancel - you just lose the app and some web features.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
pretty much can guantee you won't ever want to cancel, its just as addicting as TV, but better as there are no commericals, and it gets you off the couch and outside exploring .. lol :)

frosty_t4r

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Flagstaff, AZ, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Cogburn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS -- WROT556
pretty much can guantee you won't ever want to cancel, its just as addicting as TV, but better as there are no commericals, and it gets you off the couch and outside exploring .. lol :)
I definitely think I want to get into using the platform more because I go exploring a lot more than I used to.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
its just as addicting as TV, but better as there are no commericals, and it gets you off the couch and outside exploring .. lol :)
yeah right....since joining OB i gained 60 pounds because i'm on the couch now living vicariously thru other members...:rage:
hey...when is someone coming out with a new camp chili recipe??:grinning:

1656510354659.png