Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
On our way back from the Overland Bound Trail Guardian Event in the Mojave, we stoped for dinner and fuel at the Mobil Gas Station/Restaurant in Lee Vining CA.
While leaving I spied a Tacoma with its OB badge displayed and I had to stop to take a picture of the number, the owner @Brew161 was in the truck and hopped out to say hello.

Brew161 is on the left.
5A39A488-9D1A-46C2-A646-D21BD05C8EB0.jpeg

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
While in Silverdale this week getting ready to drop our JK off for some shiny new gears, we pulled up to a light alongside a nice looking Land Rover, and each of us noticed each others OB emblems followed by the obligatory wave. With our friendliest 'were not really stalkers' faces on, we followed the Rover as he pulled in to get coffee. We had the pleasure of meeting Daniel #5224 and had a good chat. Daniel is stationed near Silverdale and serving our country in the US Navy, Thank you Daniel! We let him go his way with a bit of OB swag, and we got a great recommendation for place for dinner that was amazing:)Landrover.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
While in Silverdale this week getting ready to drop our JK off for some shiny new gears, we pulled up to a light alongside a nice looking Land Rover, and each of us noticed each others OB emblems followed by the obligatory wave. With our friendliest 'were not really stalkers' faces on, we followed the Rover as he pulled in to get coffee. We had the pleasure of meeting Daniel #5224 and had a good chat. Daniel is stationed near Silverdale and serving our country in the US Navy, Thank you Daniel! We let him go his way with a bit of OB swag, and we got a great recommendation for place for dinner that was amazing:)View attachment 243145
That is really cool

❤️Lovey❤️

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California
Member #

We need a place to post our random member spottings... here it is:

While traveling from New Mexico to Tennessee I was keeping a sharp eye out for any overland rigs to wave at... to my disappointment I didn't have much luck until I pulled into a random gas station near the TN/AL state line.
With the plea for "potty... Potty... POTTY!" from the back seat, I had the pedal down for the next available bathroom to avoid another wet car seat incident. As I pulled into an empty parking spot I noticed a roof rack on top of a clean Tundra in the slot next to us. As we began to jettison the toddler, I took a second look and there it was; an OB badge slapped on the side of that bad boy!

Turns out, the rig belonged to member 0331 @Fieldnstreamer . Naturally we spent some time talking rigs, overlanding trips, and Overland Bound before rolling north to finish our trek back home for Christmas.

What are the odds?! Has anyone else had one of these chance encounters? Post 'em up! (Pics or it didn't happen ;) )

Great pic & story!!

2WheelRob

Rank V

Traveler III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Yarger
Member #

Driving to work tonight came across this Taco in front of me. Sent you $20 to your honeymoon fund. @feelfreenow3 isnt your username here, but if you see this and you're local (or still in town) join us at either of our monthly meetups there is one south and one north. The south one is next weekend at 5-mile damn.

Attachments

❤️Lovey❤️

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California
Member #

We need a place to post our random member spottings... here it is:

While traveling from New Mexico to Tennessee I was keeping a sharp eye out for any overland rigs to wave at... to my disappointment I didn't have much luck until I pulled into a random gas station near the TN/AL state line.
With the plea for "potty... Potty... POTTY!" from the back seat, I had the pedal down for the next available bathroom to avoid another wet car seat incident. As I pulled into an empty parking spot I noticed a roof rack on top of a clean Tundra in the slot next to us. As we began to jettison the toddler, I took a second look and there it was; an OB badge slapped on the side of that bad boy!

Turns out, the rig belonged to member 0331 @Fieldnstreamer . Naturally we spent some time talking rigs, overlanding trips, and Overland Bound before rolling north to finish our trek back home for Christmas.

What are the odds?! Has anyone else had one of these chance encounters? Post 'em up! (Pics or it didn't happen ;) )

My Zeddy is almost ready & putting my emblem on her side

rtexpeditions

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Treloyn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK7VWK
Has anybody used a temporary solution to identify them as an OB member?

My rig is geographically constrained to Australia, if that ever changes, which I hope it will someday, members spotting that should get bonus points.

But in the meantime, I do plan to do some travel elsewhere in the world using rental or borrowed vehicles. I'd love to be able to identify myself as an OB member so others can spot me.
I'm thinking of something along the lines of a laminated card that can be attached to a window or something similar with an OB logo and my number.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

My rig is geographically constrained to Australia, if that ever changes, which I hope it will someday, members spotting that should get bonus points.

But in the meantime, I do plan to do some travel elsewhere in the world using rental or borrowed vehicles. I'd love to be able to identify myself as an OB member so others can spot me.
I'm thinking of something along the lines of a laminated card that can be attached to a window or something similar with an OB logo and my number.
I would say get a OB decal applied to a flexible sheet magnet.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Grab a sticker pack in the store and dashboard or hang from the rear view mirror maybe?

Carnage_95YJ

Rank VII

Expedition Master I

Matthews, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Casaburro
Member #

They sell small flags in the OB shop. I have a base camp flag for our trips and meetups.

Reactions: 9Mike2 and seb

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Me and Cee Cee #0212 drove past this really well thought out Ram and had to circle back for a picture. #21288.

Attachments