Member Rides

• HTML tutorial
D

davidangusw

15167 said:
@Glen and @Coach – I always dug those (now considered “older) Disco’s with that roof line and little window up in the back. Very cool. Glen, nice find on the TD5! Very cool Rovers you guys have got!
Hey Glen... Awesome Disco!!!! I love it. Looking forward to keeping up with you on the forum.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

@David Nice to see it in its natural habitat! Looks awesome. Great set up!

D

davidangusw

15267 said:
@David Nice to see it in its natural habitat! Looks awesome. Great set up!
Thanks, Robert! Much appreciated. I actually love Discos, but I am a bit nuts in that I keep going back and forth about a Land Cruiser................

Inmused

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Victoria, Australia
Member #

15255 said:
Hey Glen… Awesome Disco!!!! I love it. Looking forward to keeping up with you on the forum.
Thanks David.  Sure will.  Nice looking Landy.  Well kitted out looking rig.

I got mine serious stuck last week.  Had to abandon it and hike out of the forest.  Luckily I was only 20 min from home.  Four hour recovery the next day.  You can read about it here.

Inmused

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Victoria, Australia
Member #

3444 said:
Hello Iubootgater, It’s great to meet you! As Michael states, this is a very Land Cruiser centric site, but there are a few of us with other rigs. In fact, Michael and his amazing Overland Bound rig is an honorary member of the Northern CA Land Rover club.
With that said, I have a 2013 Land Rover LR4 (also known as a Discovery 4). I actually went back ... 
Great post on Land Rovers @David .  When I bought mine it was a toss up between a Land Cruiser, Nissan Patrol and Land Rover Discovery.  I only had a budget of $10k to an old model was always the only option.  Here in Australia Cruisers and Patrols are like Jeeps in the USA; they are the public face of four wheel driving.  That being said, and while I have deep respect for older Cruisers and Patrols, they just don;t float my boat.   Not sure why really.  Maybe it's because I have always tried to be different.  I would suggest that having a Land Rover Discovery in Australia is a bit like having a Land Cruiser in the States.  It's out of the box.  A bit different.

But for me the Land Rover just has character and capability in spades.  It will take me several years to build it up to a full overlanding rig, but that was always the plan (I now have a web site to document it).

The next few month for my family will be spent building out camper trailer which we are having custom fabricated.  Sty tuned.

D

davidangusw

Hey Glen,

Thanks for your kind words and the response. Yes, I think you are absolutely correct, here in the states the face of off roading is the Jeep. There are some other people around with 4Runners, FJ Cruisers, etc., but it's a lot of Jeeps. Land Rovers here in the states are mostly associated with being a status symbol or very "yuppie". There are a bunch of people who still use them for off roading, especially older Discovery models and the few folks who can actually get their hands on a Defender.

I am so excited to read about your build on your website - very exciting!!! Man, I would love to visit Australia and see the terrain - I am really into all the critters and bugs!

Looking forward to keeping in touch!

Regards, David

dylanmorse

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

Good write up on your site Glen! The Stuck and Abandoned piece really covered some good points. I know here in the States - we've been down many a track that the Topo map (and Google Maps) will show as a through road, only to find it long since vanished into a tangle of trees or transformed into a near bottomless mud wallow. I've had to turn back many times, and even used the winch several times - but thankfully haven't had to walk out (YET). I need to remember to prep for that contingency - I reckon with enough time off pavement, it'll be a "when", not an "if".

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

@Glen Good write up and a great reminder to be ready for anything, even a very long walk. Here's to cell reception!

Robert

FishinJib

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hey guys, I am new around these parts. I have been a lurker for a while on FB/IG/YouTube but joined the forums today.

This is my 2010 FJ. nothing special but it does what i need it to do, takes me exploring, camping and on fishing trips deep in the Sierras.

Its equipped with ICON suspension and Rieochet skids. Rest is all toyota!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
15767 said:
Hey guys, I am new around these parts. I have been a lurker for a while on FB/IG/YouTube but joined the forums today. This is my 2010 FJ. nothing special but it does what i need it to do, takes me exploring, camping and on fishing trips deep in the Sierras. Its equipped with ICON suspension and Rieochet skids. Rest is all toyota!
Welcome to the crew @jibran_tahirkheli ! Nice rig!

-M

darklordfthesith

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hello all. Just signed up. Only have had the Patriot for 3 months so it is a build in progress.  It is a 2015 FD 2. Going to be adding some LEDs as soon as I can fab up some brackets. Probably going with the Stu coils to get a little more ground clearance.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Hey Everyone,

Just joined a couple days ago. Here is my Trooper. Work in progress. I will start a build thread when I get some stuff done. For now, just some new tires.

JPass1

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor III

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Pasierbowicz
Member #

Finally got the larger tires mounted and took a weekend trip up to Acadia.I plan on doing more back road driving once I can get a winch or some equipment for self-recovery.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Love the site and all the positive attitudes . I got a few different approaches

First my 03 7.3 superduty at 2015 expo west and on the way back on route 66

my 72 scout 2 . 345w/727. not sure what route ill take wiith this . most likely a ls swap

is in the future.

and my new to me 2014 jku rubicon. Ima mechanic for chrysler and the dealership owner made me a deal on this as thank you for busting my tail. I always thought leather in a jeep was a bas idea....I was wrong. this thing is so nice inside. my expo sticker, gotta get a overland bound sticker

Reactions: 9Mike2

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
You have the full range of vehicles! Awesome!

We probably crossed paths at the expo. Maybe we can meet up next year (with less mud?).

You can get a free sticker on the store by using the code "overlandbound". We'll get it sent right out!

Welcome to the site!

M

FirewallPhotography

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

Killing some time I went through the past entries diggin' the rigs.  I liked a bunch of them.  I do have a question:

After you wash your rig, which is necessary for vehicle maintenance, do you ever feel bad that others may think you're a poser?