Launch Member

Contributor I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Cook
Member #

Welcome to the forums neighbor! Have you had a chance to do the Plumas NF back country discovery trail? You can access the first leg from the road going to the ranger station in Nevada City and it's a nice multi day historical journey. there is a PDF guide and everything!
Not yet, but I will be sure to add that to the to-do list!! Thanks for the tip!

Cody Streeter

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Snohomish, WA, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Streeter
Member #

I recently sold my 1999 Isuzu Vehicross and replaced it with a bone stock 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. It’s not that the Isuzu was too small, just not near reliable enough to trust. It was fun, when it worked.

The Sport Trac, though a 2002, only had 80k on it and it is in near mint condition, and hopefully makes for a much better platform for adventure.
It should make an OK platform. Anything done to it yet?

Pubtramp

Rank I

Enthusiast I

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Sherman
New to the site. Currently running a 07 JKU but we are building out an 88 Grand Wagoneer

Here is the pic of the JKU and our trailer from Okie Built Trailers #OBT

Here is the humble beginnings of our Grand Wagoneer build.

Do you have somewhere we can follow the Waggy build? I have a 1991 that was my first ride and am getting ready to rebuild it and would love any tips you may have!

Mekcanix

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
First Name
John
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

So I have made a change. Unfortunately my 09 Sierra developed 2 problems
1 was the Trans started to do the hmmm what gear am I in...........WHAM!!! oh that one. I talked with a local shop and was told it was a very costly repair
2 RUST i am loosing my rockers and the passenger bed side the flares hid a lot

So decision time

What I ended up with is a 2016 Ram Rebel with the air ride pulled out
Imedia.jpg
I have it only since Friday
I have mild plans right now as it will have a level kit before this weekend
It has a soft tonnoue cover but I am looking for a hard cover and rack for canoe and kayak
Probably a hidden winch
And if I can save up a bed slide

I was and am sad the Sierra is gone it was hard decision to make

pheenx9

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

35°22'18.0"N 84°18'16.0"W
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Scott
Member #

I'm a fan of any vehicle that is built well and performs! Here's my latest build. It's probably 75% complete. It should suit my family of 4 for a while. Set up time is less than a minute!

6.7 turbo diesel
K&N Filter
EZ lynk Tuner
Locking rear diff
4" BDS radius arm lift
Nortstar NSB-AGM65 Batteries
AT Summit
Custom Flat bed lower half
24 gallon onboard water
ARB Element 63qt fridge
ARB 2500 x 2500 awning
Pro Comp Rock Crawler Steel Wheels
(soon to be installed) 40" Toyo MT
Warn Ascent Front Bumper
Warn Zeon 12-S winch
Partner Steel Stove
Partner Steel Jon-ny Partner Toilet (freaking awesome toilet) ( I know that's weird ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

Latest.png

pheenx9

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

35°22'18.0"N 84°18'16.0"W
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Scott
Member #

So I have made a change. Unfortunately my 09 Sierra developed 2 problems
1 was the Trans started to do the hmmm what gear am I in...........WHAM!!! oh that one. I talked with a local shop and was told it was a very costly repair
2 RUST i am loosing my rockers and the passenger bed side the flares hid a lot

So decision time

What I ended up with is a 2016 Ram Rebel with the air ride pulled out
IView attachment 156971
I have it only since Friday
I have mild plans right now as it will have a level kit before this weekend
It has a soft tonnoue cover but I am looking for a hard cover and rack for canoe and kayak
Probably a hidden winch
And if I can save up a bed slide

I was and am sad the Sierra is gone it was hard decision to make
Full SIze Trucks are the way to go IMHO!!! Nice

scott17818

Rank IV

Influencer II

Midcoast Maine
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Charlton
Where are you located the truck and terain look familiar
Thomaston, Maine that trail is off Rt90 at the end of Mountain Rd, turns into trails, goes straight-ish towards South Hope, Me near the fire station onto Rt17... was just exploring, but ran into the rock ledge, and it was too steep, and banged up my stock skidplate, so I backed down, turned around, and made it outta there before doing too much damage, but borked the steps really good...

20200420_154422.jpg

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Thomaston, Maine that trail is off Rt90 at the end of Mountain Rd, turns into trails, goes straight-ish towards South Hope, Me near the fire station onto Rt17... was just exploring, but ran into the rock ledge, and it was too steep, and banged up my stock skidplate, so I backed down, turned around, and made it outta there before doing too much damage, but borked the steps really good...

View attachment 158902
Ha I’m in Va but the pics look just like some trails here and I’ve seen a truck just like yours around here. Good looking truck though you get Mobtown sliders? I mostly deal with SOS out of SC haven’t bought anything from Mobtown yet

scott17818

Rank IV

Influencer II

Midcoast Maine
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Charlton
Ha I’m in Va but the pics look just like some trails here and I’ve seen a truck just like yours around here. Good looking truck though you get Mobtown sliders? I mostly deal with SOS out of SC haven’t bought anything from Mobtown yet
after I destroyed the steps the truck came with I figured i needed body protection, I started looking online, couldnt swallow the $1000 minimum on sliders (decent ones) a friend on Tacomaworld found these for me on craigslist, contacted the seller $600.00.. due to coronavirus (being a state employee I am unable to leave the state without quarantining myself for 2 weeks) i had a friend from NH go down check them over, paid via Paypal & he drove them up to me from NJ to Kittery, ME.... paid him for fuel, and his time. then paid another $189 to have them powdercoated locally.

Before the corona virus thing I was all over new england, NAC NH rally, and Tacomaworld cape cod national seashore & fundraiser MA meet ups.

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

after I destroyed the steps the truck came with I figured i needed body protection, I started looking online, couldnt swallow the $1000 minimum on sliders (decent ones) a friend on Tacomaworld found these for me on craigslist, contacted the seller $600.00.. due to coronavirus (being a state employee I am unable to leave the state without quarantining myself for 2 weeks) i had a friend from NH go down check them over, paid via Paypal & he drove them up to me from NJ to Kittery, ME.... paid him for fuel, and his time. then paid another $189 to have them powdercoated locally.

Before the corona virus thing I was all over new england, NAC NH rally, and Tacomaworld cape cod national seashore & fundraiser MA meet ups.
Tag me on TW same screen name