Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cannonsburg, MI
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Grow
Member #

I paid for a membership yesterday...do I wait until I receive my emblem to become an official member, or am I one now?

Thanks!

JOSX2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mebane, NC
Member #

new paid member checkin' in :sunglasses:
OB #8541

Thanks!

outta curiosity....how come this part isn't done when ya do the "Activate Overland Bound Member" activation code per the email? It says
You have access to these features once you complete the activation process:
  1. Member Map
  2. Member Forums
  3. Member Calendar of Events
  4. Create your own events!
But....I can't add myself to the member map. I see the member forums section tho...

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I paid for a membership yesterday...do I wait until I receive my emblem to become an official member, or am I one now?
Hi Chief, and welcome aboard! :)
You should receive an email from Overland Bound HQ with your order information, badge number, and a link to activate your account. Clicking that link will do exactly the same thing I'm doing for people in this thread. If it doesn't work, let me know. Your location is entered properly in your settings, so once your account is activated, you should show up correctly on the Member Map.

@JOSX2 The Member Map updates only once daily, at midnight Pacific time. After that, you should show up on the map. Your location is entered properly, so check after midnight.

Reactions: Andy G

JOSX2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mebane, NC
Member #

@JOSX2 The Member Map updates only once daily, at midnight Pacific time. After that, you should show up on the map. Your location is entered properly, so check after midnight.
ahhh....didn't know that it was an automatic thing! LOL well, that makes it even easier then ;-) And didn't realize what you were doing is the same thing as the authorization key that got emailed too...thanks for answering that!

Andy G

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cannonsburg, MI
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Grow
Member #

Hi Chief, and welcome aboard! :)
You should receive an email from Overland Bound HQ with your order information, badge number, and a link to activate your account. Clicking that link will do exactly the same thing I'm doing for people in this thread. If it doesn't work, let me know. Your location is entered properly in your settings, so once your account is activated, you should show up correctly on the Member Map.

@Steve , thank you for that info! I'm guessing the email takes a few days for HQ to get sent out, correct? I ask because I've not yet received it...but am not trying to rush anyone!

Thanks!

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I'm guessing the email takes a few days for HQ to get sent out, correct?
Sometimes it is within minutes, sometimes a week or more, depending on Michael and Corrie's adventures. If Corrie is in the office and not otherwise occupied, Bang! You're golden. If they are on a web-long trip, it'll be a while.

@JOSX2 If you have the Member banner below your name on the web version of the forum, your account has been activated (as yours has.) You can't tell if someone is a member (or what their number is if they are) on the mobile app. Hopefully, this is something that @Michael has added to the upcoming redesign.

Reactions: Andy G and JOSX2

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Hello everyone, got my emblem #8199.
Can't believe how fast this group is growing, my buddy in like number 25??.
Checking in for an upgrades and to see who's out there that does winter camping.

Thanks

Reactions: T-88
Status
Not open for further replies.