Launch Member

Pathfinder I

West Haven, Utah
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Horting
Member #

I really want to get back down there when I don't have the in-laws in tow, it is such an amazing place to explore and there aren't nearly as many people as Moab.
Yes!
We must go again!
Thinking about a very early spring trip for a couple of days.
Be neat to see it with a little snow.

DH

Maxterra

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

West Haven, Utah
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Horting
Member #

Time for a little updating, since I've not been out since the last picture posting. Just working, and working....

Our local club, Utah Xterra Owners Club (UXOC) does an annual early spring run, following the Pony Express Route, Starting in Lehi, UT and ending up In Gold Hill Utah, before we have a late dinner in Wendover, NV.
Like 370 miles for me, and 15 hour day, but a fun trip after a long, cold winter.

Day turned out to be quite nice, considering the lousy winter weather lately. Roads varied from 4" fresh snow at the start to varying degrees of mudiness, to even dusty conditions. Warm enough to get out and visit and explore at the various stops along the way. 14 rigs in attendance, and several new faces in the mix, which is great.

First stop of the dirt portion out by Faust to air down.

Simpson Springs Lunch Stop:

Over the Dugway Mountain summit we go.

Summit photo op

Alex lighting up my mirrors

Eagle in the tree briefly at Fish Springs

Wilson Health Hot Springs and alkaline mudflts

The Utah Mine

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
What VIAIR OBA system did you install? It runs you r air lockers, as well as your tires, correct? Also, are you still building rear bumpers? If so, I'd love to talk to you about purchasing one. I too have a Gobi ladder and want to have the swing-out tire carrier, jerry can holder, and the ability to mount a hi-lift and shovel ... I've commented on it before and will again: LOVE your build!

Thanks