Rank II

Contributor II

Lowell, MA
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Eul
Hi everyone,

My name is Mason and I am coming from Lowell, MA. I drive a 2010 Nissan Xterra OFFROAD, and have done some trail runs like 508 International and The Trans New Hampshire Expedition . I still consider myself a beginner in the overlanding world. I am interested in future trail runs, camping trips, and meet and greets to branch out and make this overlanding thing more natural to me. Please let me know when is the next event, I will be more than happy to meet new people, their rigs and take on new adventures!

Thanks all!

Flagtop

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Flagstaff, AZ, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Dragushan
Member #

Hey folks, moved to Boston (Brookline / Newton) from Arizona and excited to explore more around here, especially overnights. Driving a Toyota Sequoia. :grinning:

Also! If I could sneak in a question - where around here do folks get help with upgrades/electrical/troubleshooting? A friend dropped in after-market seats, and they are great but the heating connection stopped working (among other things!)

Cheers!

kcTrek19

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

massachusetts
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Sorber
Member #

Yeah there was loose talk off a meetup during COVID but nothing happened. Maybe need to start with just a hang out and eat thing to get people mingling with each other.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Yeah there was loose talk off a meetup during COVID but nothing happened. Maybe need to start with just a hang out and eat thing to get people mingling with each other.
That would be great. I am in MA full time now, after spending time at my place in PA. I was one of the original members of this organization (hence the #0001) back when I lived in CA and was very active in overlanding. My LC200 is not built up yet, just off-road tires, but I would like to meet some fellow MA people and do some overlanding adventures that are not crazy technical.

Mathes

Local Expert Massachusetts, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Norton, Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Robinson
Member #

Yeah, I haven't been super active on here lately! I haven't been camping a lot this year either! Sad times! How about yall, getting out anywhere good?

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Yeah, I haven't been super active on here lately! I haven't been camping a lot this year either! Sad times! How about yall, getting out anywhere good?
Aside from a couple minor trips to NH, I have been no where and have not done any trips. It would be nice to meet some new people in the area and plan some fun, low-key day adventures.

kcTrek19

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

massachusetts
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Sorber
Member #

I've done a few dirt roads with my subi so far since owning it. 2 months ago finally kicked the all seasons and 17" rims and put some actual off-road tires and wheels on. Stock suspension height but small lift from the bigger tires. A Subaru needs all the help it can get with clearance lol. I Mostly haul my kayaks and mountain bike around. Hoping to score a pelican case to mount to my roof rack this weekend fingers crossed. It would be cool to get some more people active in mass and have a get together or something.

Reactions: finlayforprez

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

I've done a few dirt roads with my subi so far since owning it. 2 months ago finally kicked the all seasons and 17" rims and put some actual off-road tires and wheels on. Stock suspension height but small lift from the bigger tires. A Subaru needs all the help it can get with clearance lol. I Mostly haul my kayaks and mountain bike around. Hoping to score a pelican case to mount to my roof rack this weekend fingers crossed. It would be cool to get some more people active in mass and have a get together or something.
That would be great. I absolutely LOVE built up Subarus!

kcTrek19

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

massachusetts
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Sorber
Member #

Haha not built yet. I have been holding off building it, as its a manual and my wife does not drive manual. As of now it only has rims, tires and a roof rack. Most likely I'll be trading it in for a wilderness edition that's auto, so the wife can also drive it and I can swap my rims over.

Attachments

Reactions: finlayforprez

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Haha not built yet. I have been holding off building it, as its a manual and my wife does not drive manual. As of now it only has rims, tires and a roof rack. Most likely I'll be trading it in for a wilderness edition that's auto, so the wife can also drive it and I can swap my rims over.
I still love it. I like Subarus a lot.

kcTrek19

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

massachusetts
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Sorber
Member #

It the first Subaru I've bought. My wife had one for while years ago. I've love it other than the small 2.0 engine. Even with a 6 speed it's a little rough when it's fully loaded. I had 2 kayaks my son, dog, and luggage it was a slug to and from maine a few weeks ago. Thinking the Crosstrek wilderness with a 2.5l instead of 2.0. or an outback wilderness with the 2.4 turbo.