Launch Member

Explorer I

Norton, Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Robinson
Member #

We really don't have much here in mass, I love in Berkley and like @RoyB said, just some dirt and sometime wet roads. I did get hung up on a rock once there.... that was fun...

TheFatMexican

Rank V

Enthusiast II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Maldonado
Member #

Hey guys, so 3's company. I'm out in the Boston area 2-3 times per week for work. Let me know if that works better for you since it's closer than Tree House, but either works for me. What weekends do you have free? I can create a Rally Point after we decide on a location.

Just to get the conversation started, have you guys done any trails in NH/VT/ME? I've been on some pretty cool Class VI roads in NH. I've spent a few days exploring the state with some other buddies. I have a list of the Class VI roads and have been trying to check them out one by one. I have them in a spreadsheet organized by town and county. I've been trying to map them in Gaia, Google Maps and OnX

Check it out :smile:

I did some winter camping in the White Mountains over New Years, it was a good experience!

PXL_20211231_005258449.jpgPXL_20211231_010748308.jpg

Look forward to hearing from you guys. What are you driving?

Dumbo_GX470

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Mahopac, New York, United States
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Hudson
Member #

Hey guys, so 3's company. I'm out in the Boston area 2-3 times per week for work. Let me know if that works better for you since it's closer than Tree House, but either works for me. What weekends do you have free? I can create a Rally Point after we decide on a location.

Just to get the conversation started, have you guys done any trails in NH/VT/ME? I've been on some pretty cool Class VI roads in NH. I've spent a few days exploring the state with some other buddies. I have a list of the Class VI roads and have been trying to check them out one by one. I have them in a spreadsheet organized by town and county. I've been trying to map them in Gaia, Google Maps and OnX

I did some winter camping in the White Mountains over New Years, it was a good experience!

View attachment 220075View attachment 220076

That looks fun! Boston area here really have not had much chance to meet people around us. If your ever looking for another rig to join in let is know!

NolanDick

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boston, MA, USA
First Name
Nolan
Last Name
Dick
Member #

Yeah man, I don't care where we meet up, just thought Treehouse would be cool to bring the pups out to. I've done some NH/VT Trails in Green Mountain NF and White Mountain NF. Also did day 1 and 2 of the Trans-New Hampshire Trail (couldn't find camping for night 2). Sold my roof top tent last year in very early spring and ordered a new one but due to shipping delays still don't have the new one. Hoping to have it this season.

Currently driving a 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2.

TheFatMexican

Rank V

Enthusiast II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Maldonado
Member #

That looks fun! Boston area here really have not had much chance to meet people around us. If your ever looking for another rig to join in let is know!
Hey bud,

Always looking to meet new people and make new friends. Trying to stir up the pot here and see if we can rally the troops. It would be nice to get a small group together to start off with. I think we have 4 active people on the thread now since I kicked the tires. We should try to do a meetup on a Saturday in the next few weeks if possible.

What dates work for people? I'm pretty flexible. Throw out a few dates and we can see what works for the group.

- Morning meet up
- Check out the trucks and gear
- Plan a trip?
- Maybe do some exploring in NH depending on where we meet / weather

Are you guys using Gaia for nav / planning? These are some of the Class VI that I have done in NH. There are tons more to explore.

1641824154638.png

LMK

Carlos

Reactions: Dumbo_GX470

Spuds

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Massachusetts, USA0
First Name
Steve
Last Name
MacKenzie
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1ISU
Service Branch
USN
Hey bud,

Always looking to meet new people and make new friends. Trying to stir up the pot here and see if we can rally the troops. It would be nice to get a small group together to start off with. I think we have 4 active people on the thread now since I kicked the tires. We should try to do a meetup on a Saturday in the next few weeks if possible.

What dates work for people? I'm pretty flexible. Throw out a few dates and we can see what works for the group.

- Morning meet up
- Check out the trucks and gear
- Plan a trip?
- Maybe do some exploring in NH depending on where we meet / weather

Are you guys using Gaia for nav / planning? These are some of the Class VI that I have done in NH. There are tons more to explore.

View attachment 220089

LMK

Carlos
Saturday's work for me. New to overlanding. Making a 2001 cherokee with a m416 trailer trail ready.

Reactions: Dumbo_GX470

TheFatMexican

Rank V

Enthusiast II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Maldonado
Member #

Hey guys, just keeping this thread hot....

How does the weekend of 1/22 or 1/29 work for people for a morning (9:00 AM) meetup? I know that we discussed possibly meeting up at Treehouse however I think that might be better off when the weather gets warmer. It might be better to choose something that is closer for the majority of the group for our first meetup. Let me know what you think about time, location, dates.

I would suggest we meet at the location below. It's my office in Woburn in Cummings Park. There is PLENTY of parking as well as a Dunks, Starbucks and a bunch of other stuff in the area. The other benefit is, if the weather and ground conditions are permitting, we could easily hop on I-95 and be on some Class 6 roads in an hour or so.

I'll create a rally point once I get your feedback. It would be pretty cool if we can get 5-10 rigs to show up!

Thoughts? I'm Psyched.:smile:

Possible Rally Point
400 W Cummings Park, Woburn, MA 01801

1642083759477.png

Carlos

Spuds

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Massachusetts, USA0
First Name
Steve
Last Name
MacKenzie
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1ISU
Service Branch
USN
Hey guys, just keeping this thread hot....

How does the weekend of 1/22 or 1/29 work for people for a morning (9:00 AM) meetup? I know that we discussed possibly meeting up at Treehouse however I think that might be better off when the weather gets warmer. It might be better to choose something that is closer for the majority of the group for our first meetup. Let me know what you think about time, location, dates.

I would suggest we meet at the location below. It's my office in Woburn in Cummings Park. There is PLENTY of parking as well as a Dunks, Starbucks and a bunch of other stuff in the area. The other benefit is, if the weather and ground conditions are permitting, we could easily hop on I-95 and be on some Class 6 roads in an hour or so.

I'll create a rally point once I get your feedback. It would be pretty cool if we can get 5-10 rigs to show up!

Thoughts? I'm Psyched.:smile:

Possible Rally Point
400 W Cummings Park, Woburn, MA 01801

View attachment 220313

Carlos
I'm up for either day. Prior commitments prevent me from heading north after meet and greet.

AddictedToJeepsCom

Rank III

Explorer I

Sterling, Massachusetts
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
O’Connor
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Great to see we’ve got folks in Mass! I’m in Central MA - Sterling. I’ll meet up @ Tree House (Which one?) - that sounds like a great plan. I’ve got a 2008 Jeep Rubicon with some mods. I’m a member of Baystate Jeepers, try to get out at least once a month. Have wheeled up in Maine and Central/Western MA. Would like to do more overlanding trips w/ camping over a weekend.

AddictedToJeepsCom

Rank III

Explorer I

Sterling, Massachusetts
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
O’Connor
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Sweet setup! I really like the Gazelle tent. We have a painful, huge tent. Planning on selling it ASAP and getting a Gazelle.