Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rochester, MN, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
L
Member #

For those who do not have a Rubicon or Power Wagon, what are some ways that you guys make sure you remember to reconnect your sway bar before hitting the pavement again?

I know Rubicons and Power Wagons have an indicator on the dash for this purpose, but I won't have that being in a Sport... Any pro tips?

(I've heard about the anti-rock. I'm not going that route for various reasons.)

Thanks!

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
No need. As soon as you get two tires on pavement the truck will roll over enough to remind you.

Unless you have plow springs, then you can just leave the sway bar assembly at home.

Reactions: Old Tanker

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
In all honesty, I plan on removing the electronic disconnect from my JKUR. I'd prefer a manual disconnect since the electronic disconnect is known to have problems. Plus getting out of my rig to disconnect and reconnect it offers an opportunity to look over my rig another time for any issues. But enough of my story. You'll know it's disconnected pretty quick. And depending on your disconnects, you may have them sitting in the rig with you.

LostWoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

In all honesty, I plan on removing the electronic disconnect from my JKUR. I'd prefer a manual disconnect since the electronic disconnect is known to have problems. Plus getting out of my rig to disconnect and reconnect it offers an opportunity to look over my rig another time for any issues. But enough of my story. You'll know it's disconnected pretty quick. And depending on your disconnects, you may have them sitting in the rig with you.
This is a pretty great option that I've known a few to use after their electronic module died. I'm pretty sure they make an air-actuated version as well if you have OBA.

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Having used manual disconnects for years, you will know as soon as you get on the road that they are not connected ( like previously mentioned). Also as previously mentioned sometimes your disconnects will ride with you inn the vehicle so when you stop at the end of the trail they will be right there. I made it a habit to reconnect while I was airing up my tires and had the disconnect pins in my air compressor bag.
I don't do this anymore because I run a CO2 tank and an antirock setup to save myself a few minuets getting back on the road and home before the wife gets mad that I missed dinner lol.