BlackGX470

Rank I

Contributor III

Wilmington
First Name
Nestor
Last Name
salazar
New to me m416 with original rims NDT tires and tubes.
I'd like some advice and insight please.
First order is tire because everything else is good to great.
( Not doing a new axle and rims to Toyota rims, I'd lose the hand brake which I love. Also to do US mad adapters I'd need two on each side to get Toyota pattern. It makes the bearings under iceable and a PITA)

If I decide to put tubeless tires on....besides new tire valves , anything specific to seal the rim rivets? I've seen people post on m416 boards that they don't seal and it holds air. I've seen people say they seal it but don't reference with what .
Rims are in great shape no rust etc so the tires will mate well.

OTOH I could find some cheap jeep rims and some adapters. This would still allow me to easily service as needed.
Any insight onto which jeep patterns and rim combo / jeep model Id ideally search for ?

To do new tires to fit on the current rim it's be about 4 to 500$

Jeep rims/ adapters and tires say 700$?? Jeesh.

Ju

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
You don't have to loose your park brake. Order your axle with with it. My M-100 didn't have a park brake so I added it and did a custom park brake on my tear drop.

I know there's a couple of bolt patterns you cant get on the axle (I think one is 5X5), I do know you can get 5x5.5, 5x4.5 and 6X?? (the common one). Wheel adapters are fine if you have to go that route. I changed my mind on my teardrop trailer after I had the axle made. I needed 1" wider on both sides. So spacers it is. FYI. I'm brutal with my trailers. My M-100 was used primarily for AAT work. I would load it up with rock and drag it down black diamond trails to reinforce them. Eventually I rebuilt it into an adventure trailer.

I personally would stay away from tubed tires. Their great if your restoring it but you get better performance from modern tires.