Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
a) Do you use one
b) Do you plan on purchasing one?
c) Why did you choose one over the other?
d) As a recovery piece of equipment, what safety factor did it play in your decision?

Each basically accomplishes the same function, but due to design differences they have limitations when compared to the other. There are (plus/minus) with each choice. As a side note: If you travel with a Hi_Lift, What accessory or multiple accessories do you take with you to make the jack more versatile?.............Jack Mate, Base, Handle retainer holder, Winch chain setup, extra lift pins, etc
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOTUS DEVELOPMENT:

1598208803906.png

JAC-JAW:
1598208945289.png
Instagram: desertrunner-lv

Last edited:

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I have a hi-lift... my accessories for it are nil... just a piece of plywood for a base, and some logging chains to make a decent pull with if need be... I don’t ever plan on winching with the high-lift, but I can see where using it to add tension to a winch pull would be useful. To lift, I have Hi-lift jacking points on my body, frame and bumpers... so one of the devices above would be totally worthless to me.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I have a hi-lift... my accessories for it are nil... just a piece of plywood for a base, and some logging chains to make a decent pull with if need be... I don’t ever plan on winching with the high-lift, but I can see where using it to add tension to a winch pull would be useful. To lift, I have Hi-lift jacking points on my body, frame and bumpers... so one of the devices above would be totally worthless to me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Over the years I have supplemented my Hy-Lyft (Hi-Lift) with the following:

a) A base plate (OEM-not aftermarket) Useful for the Hi Lift and bottle jacks
b) A handle keeper isolater
c) A pin replacement kit (standby)
d) Jackmate: Winch accessory=better control
e) ORK Offroad kit
f) Bumper lift: Useful on steel winch bumpers, but not on OEM factory (read flimsy, bendable) can twist and distort
g) Hi Lift jack mate-for lifting tires by wheel spokes. Wheel Strap for lifting a wheel out of a rut, or your diff caught on a rock
h) A baby can of WD-40 for the jacking pins (lube)*********

I included these pictures for those not familiar with the Hi Lift accessories available. There are more products like protection sleeves/bags, along with different mounting locks and options. Personally- I need a new 4-6 ton bottle jack. The one thing it would need is a welded pipe piece that was mounted to a U-shaped angle iron piece for stabilization of a axle/chassis lift point. You can find them, but they are expensive when you do. Making one for yourself is much better option for the wallet, and safer when using a bottle jack under a vehicle. The base plate is a better option than using your recovery boards as a base. See 'You-Tube and 'seek adventure' along with others to witness the deformation caused by not using a base made specifically to carry heavy loads.

Do you need all these accessories....NO, but but over a 10 year period, they were either purchased or gifted, and they do perform a function that is less of a compromise with just the jack itself.

1598308817879.png1598308844966.png1598308884368.png1598308906244.png1598308930252.png1598308953287.png1598309033202.png1598309070009.png

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
The Jack Mate is about the only piece of kit there that would work for me that I don’t have. I have solid steel wheels, so lift mate won’t grab them, what am I going to use the hooky chain for? Maybe attaching a sling... maybe... I already have a pin kit, (I need to see if it will work with my Handyman Jack since it’s not “Hi-Lift” but weather the antique Handyman). I’m not even sure the Jackmate would be that useful since it’s built into the Handyman.
Now don’t get me wrong, they all look cool. And when I get a Hi-Lift on @KRose 4Runner, it will get the whole goody bag... if we can find a spot to store it all.

• Haha
Reactions: Desert Runner