Weavor

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steven
Last Name
Pollard
Member #

Hey all, I am looking for a topper/cap for my truck. Its an 2003 F250 SD with a 81" bed measured from the inside to inside. I live near Austin Texas, and will be travling from Austin to Franklin KY this month so I am willing to go a little out of the way along the path.
One of the things I am looking for is the front sliding window. I want one but it is not required. I can even go with one of those softtops as long as it has a external rack already included.

Thanks

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Hey all, I am looking for a topper/cap for my truck. Its an 2003 F250 SD with a 81" bed measured from the inside to inside. I live near Austin Texas, and will be travling from Austin to Franklin KY this month so I am willing to go a little out of the way along the path.
One of the things I am looking for is the front sliding window. I want one but it is not required. I can even go with one of those softtops as long as it has a external rack already included.

Thanks
I'm in North Dallas and looking also. Not much out there for short beds like my F250. Good luck.
Zim

Weavor

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steven
Last Name
Pollard
Member #

I'm in North Dallas and looking also. Not much out there for short beds like my F250. Good luck.
Zim
It is amazing, about 10 or so years ago, they had shops that just dealt with toppers for trucks. Now I cant find a single one.

Van123

Rank II
Investor

Contributor II

San Marcos, CA, USA
First Name
Van
Last Name
Ingle
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
I went with a soft topper for my 04 F250. Works great. Surprisingly waterproof and really easy to remove if I have to use the bed for any general use. The back see thru vinyl cleans up easy with just mild soap and water. It's been about 6months and is going strong. I give it about 4 years of use before its done. Then I'll look into upgrading to a camper shell with I high top.

-the soft topper doesn't have a 3rd taillight, but the best topper does. So take that into consideration with your local laws.
20230220_125918.jpg

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Thanks
Zim
Speaking of short beds, try finding anything for a 5' bed. I did have a 6' cap on with a custom built box to make up the difference, but decided to just go with a bed cover and cargo basket over that instead.