Looking for recommendations! (Las Vegas, Nevada area)

• HTML tutorial

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

Looking for some family friendly day trails/trips around Vegas. I am 100% new to the area. I know there are the parks you can go to but I'm wanting to get off the pavement. Something where we can drive and meander to some great sights and find a stop to do lunch and then carry on as wanted. We like getting out of the vehicle and walking around (the little one has to) randomly and in short adventures. If you happen to know of something like this or can point me in the direction of some good detailed resources it will be greatly appreciated! Wednesday is our first open day so that's when we are looking to go explore. Anyone else maybe in that area with small children that have places they like to visit and share? Thanks Y'all!

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
West Vegas you have Red Rock. From the south, you go into the upper part of the Mojave. Gold Dome mill is....odd. Farther south, there's a few cool places to see if you did an over night. South west of Vegas is Death Valley. There's a ton of stuff on that end accessible by paved road.

Reactions: Lil Bear