Looking for recommendations for new tires.

• HTML tutorial

dp454so

Rank IV

Advocate II

USA
First Name
D
Last Name
P
Member #

For what it’s worth, I use when rotating tires is what this image is calling the “X” pattern.

1719836816479.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ThundahBeagle

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Even with solid front axles? A friend of mine ran a small fleet of 4x4 Ford tow, roll off and extraction trucks 350s on up to 550s and never was a problem, but that was a few years ago.

Oh yeah. Even solid axle trucks.

This inside rear, on my brand new Ram 3500, was on the right front. The front tires wear weird. Notice the inside edge wear and feathering.

1000018083.jpg

All of our trucks and vans do this. The whole fleet.

Last edited:

G8TR05

Rank V

Member II

Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Harden
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello. I have a 2020 Ram 1500. Looking to upgrade my tires. I have stock 18” rebel wheels. Looking for any recommendations from full-size truck overlanders. Thanks everyone one in advance.
I am on my second set of Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws. They are excellent in rain, snow, sand, and mud, and have an aggressive sidewall for airing down in those low traction situations. They are quite on pavement as well. Falken just came out with an upgrade, the Wildpeak AT4W, which I plan to buy when my current set wears out.

Reactions: K12

K12

Rank VII

Pathfinder I

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Hello. I have a 2020 Ram 1500. Looking to upgrade my tires. I have stock 18” rebel wheels. Looking for any recommendations from full-size truck overlanders. Thanks everyone one in advance.
I am on my second set of Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws. They are excellent in rain, snow, sand, and mud, and have an aggressive sidewall for airing down in those low traction situations. They are quite on pavement as well. Falken just came out with an upgrade, the Wildpeak AT4W, which I plan to buy when my current set wears out.
I am also for the Falken Wildpeak AT3, Wont ever own another tire