• HTML tutorial

David_215788

Rank I

Pathfinder III

First Name
David
Last Name
Louvier
Was just wondering if anyone knows a good trail (moderate) with camping aloud on the trail or near it. If it had good views of the mountains that would be sweet. Thank you!

David_215788

Rank I

Pathfinder III

First Name
David
Last Name
Louvier
Hi David, are you looking for a particular area? I'm not far from the Smokies (I’m in GA) but we hit Shenandoah National Park every summer. I'd be interested in hearing what you find out / plan.
Looks like my girlfriend and I are looking at this.... Hurricane Creek

For the reviews, it says some camping but I wanna make sure we are OK to camp and have a fire. Gonna have to dig in local laws. I live in Indiana so not much orv trails

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
Hi David, are you looking for a particular area? I'm not far from the Smokies (I’m in GA) but we hit Shenandoah National Park every summer. I'd be interested in hearing what you find out / plan.

For the reviews, it says some camping but I wanna make sure we are OK to camp and have a fire. Gonna have to dig in local laws. I live in Indiana so not much orv trails
There is camping in several areas. If you have onxoff road, you can check for private property.

If you're entering from hwy 40, almost everything to the right is Pisgah national forest, with several spurs that have primitive camping.

When are you planning to go?

David_215788

Rank I

Pathfinder III

First Name
David
Last Name
Louvier

There is camping in several areas. If you have onxoff road, you can check for private property.

If you're entering from hwy 40, almost everything to the right is Pisgah national forest, with several spurs that have primitive camping.

Right on. I called Harmon den to confirm where to camp there on road 233(?) But always appreciate the extra info. You'd you trust the area to leave our camp and take the truck to go site see or should we pack up everytime?

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513

Right on. I called Harmon den to confirm where to camp there on road 233(?) But always appreciate the extra info. You'd you trust the area to leave our camp and take the truck to go site see or should we pack up everytime?
Yes, just lock the most valuable stuff to keep the honest people honest ;)

I'm 40 miles from there and always enjoy the area.
The only caution is if there is a heavy rain event. The 1st crossing can get sketchy.

Otherwise, check out maxpatch and buzzard roost areas nearby.

David_215788

Rank I

Pathfinder III

First Name
David
Last Name
Louvier

Yes, just lock the most valuable stuff to keep the honest people honest ;)

I'm 40 miles from there and always enjoy the area.
The only caution is if there is a heavy rain event. The 1st crossing can get sketchy.

Otherwise, check out maxpatch and buzzard roost areas nearby.
Sweet. Thanks for the tip. I saw we might get some rain on the first week of April. So I am a tad worried. I have a rear locker but my tacoma is stock. We will see lol