Looking for Dispersed campsite in Carson National Forest in NM

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast I

First Name
Houston
Last Name
Brown
Specifically in the NW region of the forest, the one that HWY 64 cuts through. If anyone has any good suggestions for a really nice site (no campgrounds please) I would be most appreciative. Nice little stream or mountain top would be great as well. :)

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Great area, last time I camped up there I didn't have GAIA so never saved any of the sites I found. I do have this one saved. You had to do a steep climb to get to the top but we did it, barely, in a Ford Escape lol. 64 Doens't have a ton of dispersed options and the last time I was up there everything along 64 had the gates closed.

Reactions: JordanWagner

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

I have these two marked as good places,
36.85181, -106.09879 this one I noted has nice views of san antonio mountain
36.95706, -106.18790 i have no notes on this one other than its good.

Reactions: JordanWagner

JordanWagner

Rank I

Contributor III

Florida
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Wagner
Great area, last time I camped up there I didn't have GAIA so never saved any of the sites I found. I do have this one saved. You had to do a steep climb to get to the top but we did it, barely, in a Ford Escape lol. 64 Doens't have a ton of dispersed options and the last time I was up there everything along 64 had the gates closed.

Consider exploring dispersed camping near Hopewell Lake or along Forest Road 151 near the Rio Chama for scenic spots in Carson National Forest's northwest region. Ensure to check local regulations and enjoy your camping! Managing schoolwork and extracurricular activities can be overwhelming. That’s why I trust Canadian Essay Writing Service | Write My Essay - 20% OFF for my writing needs. Their service is reliable, and the quality of work is consistently high. If you need help with your assignments, I highly recommend them.
Thanks for the suggestions, I will check them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Offroadnutz

Enthusiast I

First Name
Houston
Last Name
Brown

That looks like an awesome spot. Thank you.

Enthusiast I

First Name
Houston
Last Name
Brown
I have these two marked as good places,
36.85181, -106.09879 this one I noted has nice views of san antonio mountain
36.95706, -106.18790 i have no notes on this one other than its good.
really like the one by the stream. Wonder if it only flowing after a rain or hopefully it is spring fed.