Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
So, about 3 weeks ago I ordered a lock n roll hitch from their website. I got a confirmation email, and the next day an invoice. I checked my bank acount and it showed as pending. Fast forward one week, and no contact from them. I emailed them multiple times and nothing. After several calls went unanswered I finally was able to speak to someone.

The gentleman I spoke with said the product I ordered will soon be discontinued, and they no longer keep them in stock.

When I asked why I had not been contacted about the issue, or my emails answered he offered a half ass apology and said he meant to let me know about it,but had not yet.

Pathetic in my opinion, I have decided to order from max coupler.

Just a warning if you decide to go with a lock n roll hitch.....

Looks like they have reverted back to the customer service they were known for in the past.......

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

You are better off with the Max Coupler anyway. Its all we use(abuse) and have no problems with them.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
You are better off with the Max Coupler anyway. Its all we use(abuse) and have no problems with them.
If your trailer doesn't have a receiver end on the tongue you can't use a MaxCoupler. Lock-n-roll has a bolt on solution. I have used both, currently Lock-N-Roll and have not had any issues with either brand.

Anchor Mtn

Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

If your trailer doesn't have a receiver end on the tongue you can't use a MaxCoupler. Lock-n-roll has a bolt on solution. I have used both, currently Lock-N-Roll and have not had any issues with either brand.
Max Coupler now has a bolt on solution for a 2" single point trailer but not for a A-Frame tongue.

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

Max Coupler now has a bolt on solution for a 2" single point trailer but not for a A-Frame tongue.
Any pictures? I have an adjustable coupler at the moment. Will that work? I'm finishing up my build now. I am running the pintle hook for now. I may want to run the Max Coupler later.Resized952018030995163332954073.jpg

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Any pictures? I have an adjustable coupler at the moment. Will that work? I'm finishing up my build now. I am running the pintle hook for now. I may want to run the Max Coupler later.View attachment 53163
https://www.cuoffroad.com/product-lines/max-coupler-line/

Picture on the company site. I don't think that will work with your setup. They are a U channel that goes over the top of the tongue bar and then are bolted in. Although there is an adjustable version as well. You would have to modify what you have.

https://www.shop.knightoffroadtrailers.com/MAX-COUPLER-BOLT-ON-6000-lb-NEW-part-COUR210-COUR-210-KNIGHT-AAAAA.htm

Last edited:

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

https://www.cuoffroad.com/product-lines/max-coupler-line/

Picture on the company site. I don't think that will work with your setup. They are a U channel that goes over the top of the tongue bar and then are bolted in. Although there is an adjustable version as well. You would have to modify what you have.

https://www.shop.knightoffroadtrailers.com/MAX-COUPLER-BOLT-ON-6000-lb-NEW-part-COUR210-COUR-210-KNIGHT-AAAAA.htm
I see what your saying. I thought I had seen it with the adjustable set up. The one picture further down is what I was thinking of. I don't think it'll work. I'm just going to run my pintle for now or until I get tired of the extra banging, which isn't to bad. Thanks for posting this link.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I love my Max Coupler. Make sure you get the newer flared vehicle side yoke assembly (pics below, click the insta pic at right edge to see more angles). Makes hooking up to your trailer a good bit easier. They should be shipping with the new yoke unless they have old stock.

Here's the main site with a pic of the new bolt-on assembly, third item down. Not much for an image there, but you can see how it mounts.

I've had tremendous luck dealing with Knight Off-Road Trailers down in McAllen Texas for the Max Coupler and upgrade yoke. Always quick to reply, clear about what and when, prompt shipping, etc. Though I've haven't dealt with CU directly, I've seen grumblings elsewhere they can be difficult sometimes to get through to, so just went through Knight.

edit: oops, I see @1Louder beat me to it, link wise.

Anchor Mtn

Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

I love my Max Coupler. Make sure you get the newer flared vehicle side yoke assembly (pics below, click the insta pic at right edge to see more angles). Makes hooking up to your trailer a good bit easier. They should be shipping with the new yoke unless they have old stock.

Here's the main site with a pic of the new bolt-on assembly, third item down. Not much for an image there, but you can see how it mounts.

I've had tremendous luck dealing with Knight Off-Road Trailers down in McAllen Texas for the Max Coupler and upgrade yoke. Always quick to reply, clear about what and when, prompt shipping, etc. Though I've haven't dealt with CU directly, I've seen grumblings elsewhere they can be difficult sometimes to get through to, so just went through Knight.

edit: oops, I see @1Louder beat me to it, link wise.
..... or you could go through a vendor here on the OB forum who sells them cheaper than Knight and is even offering a members only sale right now.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

..... or you could go through a vendor here on the OB forum who sells them cheaper than Knight and is even offering a members only sale right now.
Well hey - cool, hadn't seen your newest member deal! Pretty sweet. To others thinking about the Max Coupler, there you go, member deal from a fellow member on the 6K New Version.

I've hauled my XV-2 over 10,000 miles all over the country and over a variety of terrain and road types and have absolutely no complaints.

Reactions: Anchor Mtn