Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Welp, we're getting crazy up in here. Selling just about everything we own, and rolling out on an epic journey across North America! We will use this thread to keep you updated on our travels as they unfold.

Here's our HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT video we just posted on YouTube to kick things off!

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I'm looking forward to following along on your adventures, and I hope that at some point, we run into each other (figuratively) To help out, I would be more than willing to keep The Beast for you for a while. :)

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Hi, talked to you on the youtube comments, my journey is the one to the Dempster Highway. Here is the route I am taking
2017-11-07 Jasper 2 Dawson.png
Again, hope our paths cross somewhere out there, would enjoy sharing dinner with you all. I'll be leaving Vancouver, WA about July 18th heading for Glacier NP and then north through Banff and Jasper NP and turning off the Alaskan Highway at Watson Lake to travel The Campbell Highway (Canadian 4) to the far north.
Safe travels.
“May the calm be widespread, may the sea be as the smooth surface of the greenstone, and may the rays of sunshine forever dance along your path” Maori Prayer.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

I'm looking forward to following along on your adventures, and I hope that at some point, we run into each other (figuratively) To help out, I would be more than willing to keep The Beast for you for a while. :)
Thanks so much, Steve! The Beast will return to its lair for a while, but thanks for the offer to watch him! ;)

Reactions: Steve

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Hi, talked to you on the youtube comments, my journey is the one to the Dempster Highway. Here is the route I am taking
View attachment 51128
Again, hope our paths cross somewhere out there, would enjoy sharing dinner with you all. I'll be leaving Vancouver, WA about July 18th heading for Glacier NP and then north through Banff and Jasper NP and turning off the Alaskan Highway at Watson Lake to travel The Campbell Highway (Canadian 4) to the far north.
Safe travels.
“May the calm be widespread, may the sea be as the smooth surface of the greenstone, and may the rays of sunshine forever dance along your path” Maori Prayer.
Awesome route! Like I said, we're totally open so we will look into these options as we get closer! Let's stay in touch and hopefully meet up somewhere along the way!

Reactions: Terry Pickens

Enthusiast II

Hartford, SD
Sounds like the start of a great adventure. My daughter and I have on occasion just picked a direction and I've let her pick which way at intersections or stops. Usually only for a day or 2 though. Enjoy every minute of the trip.

Reactions: Lifestyle Overland

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

We are very much enjoying watching your series as a family on YouTube... we love how clean it is, much like Expedition Overland (I see you have their hat :)

Keep the videos coming and we will continue to be inspired by you guys :)

James

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

We are very much enjoying watching your series as a family on YouTube... we love how clean it is, much like Expedition Overland (I see you have their hat :)

Keep the videos coming and we will continue to be inspired by you guys :)
Thanks for the support!

Sounds like the start of a great adventure. My daughter and I have on occasion just picked a direction and I've let her pick which way at intersections or stops. Usually only for a day or 2 though. Enjoy every minute of the trip.
We've usually been pretty detail oriented so this will be a different mode of travel for us... we can't wait to just go!

Rubyredfozzy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

My wife and i have talked about traveling and homeschooling our daughter when I retire for. The army In a couple of years. It's nice to see its not an impossible dream. I love your IG and hope to follow in your tire tracks one day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

My wife and i have talked about traveling and homeschooling our daughter when I retire for. The army In a couple of years. It's nice to see its not an impossible dream. I love your IG and hope to follow in your tire tracks one day.
Thanks for the support!

@Lifestyle Overland good luck with your new adventure. We met at the bottom of Lippincott on 4/7. I stopped you to ask about pass conditions. Thanks for the patch brother. Love your vids. Can't wait to watch your new travels unfold. Be safe.
Great meeting you! Thanks for the support! See you out there.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

We're REALLY doing this... Full-Time Overland Prequel: Episode 1
In this "prequel" we help get you up to speed with our transition to full-time travelers and the challenges we face with making this huge life change.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

We are (NOT) Homeless / Full-Time Overland Prequel: Episode 3
Stress is getting high and tempers short as we move into the Turtleback Trailer FULL-TIME! More behind the scenes efforts in part 3 of our "prequel".