GLADE SPRING, VA, USA
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Koontz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JLT
Finally installed a 2" / 1" leveling kit and Rock Sliders. Sliders took a long time but they look Great. Have to figure out an upgrade on tires, not sure how big I can go. Also looking at Prinsu Racks for Both Cab and Cap.

Attachments

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I would stay stock and run it w while to see if you need the height. When you go with a bigger tire you are opening up a can of worms. Dif.gearing, breaks, mileage goes south. I you are going for looks, you be you.

Reactions: kooner2k

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

What MMc wrote. I bolted on RCI sliders on my stock TRDOR just before a Moab trip (Jeep Code 3 for that trip). The sliders paid for themselves on the blue portion of the Colorado River Overlook trail north of the Needles Visitor Center. After that trip, I went from the oem 245 tires to 265 E-rated tires. No clearance issues, including the spare under the bed.

Reactions: kooner2k

kooner2k

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

GLADE SPRING, VA, USA
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Koontz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JLT
My stock tires are 265/70/16. I want to stick as close to that size as possible, looking at 275 or 285 if they would fit . but I am not looking to get super big. just what fits and has a beefier tread for a little more traction with a stronger sidewall. I watched these two guys that went on long overland trips and they both stayed at common size and one is trying Mud Terrain but says he will go back to All Terrain on the next set. I really want to get the Racks taken care of next. Thank you for your input on this , that's what I am looking for from all the experienced people on here.....