Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Currently it's just my V20 and a couple of cheap action cameras. I've got a D60 but it's developed some issues lately.

Anyone ever use a Pentax KS? Any version. I need a new camera that'll do video but don't want to break the bank.

Last edited:
Reactions: MazeVX

NetDep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
G
Member #

I have recently consolidated/upgraded my gear. I had a Canon 40D, 7D, grips for both, strobe and a 100-400 that I was not using as often as I wanted and had gotten a bit old. I now have a Canon 7DMkII (which I am falling in love with) and have kept my Canon 10-22, 24-105 L and 70-200 2.8 as my still setup.

Also recently added a dji Phantom 4 as a flying camera and the dual learning curves of flying and editing video are proving to be a welcome learning curve.

CampWithChin

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Lexington, MA
First Name
Alfred
Last Name
Chin
Member #

My photo gear is Canon 6D with Canon lens. I have a few L lenses on my exploration. My trusted lenses include 16-35 2.8 & 70-200 4. Recently, I upgrade my GoPro Hero 3 silver to Hero 5 black (taking advantages on the trade-in program). In most trip, I end up using my iphone camera more than anything else.

Reactions: escape_the_paradigm

CampWithChin

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Lexington, MA
First Name
Alfred
Last Name
Chin
Member #

Over the years I have learned that the best camera is the one that you have with you.
I use a canon 6d but if I go through the EXIF data on most of my photos for the last year I see that 70% of my photos are taken with my Galaxy S7.
Truth. Both Apple iphone and Google droid phone has good camera to take awesome pic for most occasion. It's only lack of feature when zoom, low light, exposure and faster shuttle speed is needed. I have iphone 7 plus and the camera feature is awesome. I can even save pics in RAW format now. My phone is usually easily accessible than my DSLR.

Reactions: Raul B

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

Nikon AW130, waterproof to 100', drop resistant 7', rugged little camera, takes great pix

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
I am finally making the transition from film to digital. I have sold the Hassy and all her lenses. I still have a Mamiya RZ-67 and a couple of Canon Eos 3s ... However, I am taking my wife to Iceland at the end of October (for our 10th anniversary) and she has told me I best be equipped to capture the Northern Lights and put together a video when we get back. So, I'm about to upgrade to a Canon 5D Mark III or IV. I generally prefer to travel light and only carry a Zeiss ZE 35mm and a Canon EF 70-200mm lens. The Canon lens is nice, but nothing draws quite like a Zeiss.

Reactions: villaphoto

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

I have that Ulanzi camera mount in my Amazon cart. Haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.
so an update from today... the mount is awesome... the case is cool but the access holes for the charger and the mic is very small so my mic from my new microphone wont fit in it so I'm going to have to mill out part of the case to make it work. As far as the lenses for the case go they are great....

-Raul

RockyMountaineer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Laramie, WY, USA
First Name
Mathew
Last Name
Threadgill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N5MST
I still have an old Nikon point and shoot for something quick and portable, a Nikon D3100 for when I am after some really good still photography shots, and I am currently running a Motorola Droid Turbo 2 for my smart phone. I will be adding a GoPro and one more digital camcorder of unknown design in the future.

Reactions: Terry Pickens

Westsroadshow

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

West, AZ, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
West
Member #

I shoot a D7000 with a D90 back up. iPhone 6 for Quick shots. I have a complement of low light lens as I use to shoot for a theater Dept. My favorite lens is a 17-55/1:2.8 I also carry a 50/1:1.4g ,35/1:1.8g, 85/1:1.4D and a 70-200/1:2.8G1

Some of my work below.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Terry Pickens