Lets see your TARPS

• HTML tutorial

Justin Moss

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Here is the tarp that I use on my trips. I can also eliminate the front two straps if needed and attach them to the rock sliders along the side of the pickup if needed. Seeing we sleep in the canopy it makes it nice to be able to get in and out without having to be in the weather. It also doubles as a cooking area.

Now that I have my expedition trailer ready to go I need to figure out how the tarps are going to be incorporated into my camp setup now. Someday it will quit raining and I can spend some time designing that portion of the setup.

Justin

Attachments

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

I know is an old thread, just joint the forum and gotta share something :tongueout::tongueout:

View attachment 18512
Very similar to the setup my wife and I used a couple weeks ago! This was using 2 Noah's 12' tarps:

Besides the Noah's tarps I also have a 10x10 from Bushcraft Outfitters that I use periodically. Usually for my hammock but on the last trip I did hang it as a windbreak.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I like how older threads keep living here on OB.

I used to only use old green canvas tarpaulins when camping...heavy, pretty well impervious to rain, and long-lived if you treated them right. Even hitch-hiked with one down to the Smokies when I was 15 and rigged it up to sleep underneath. Nowadays with cool solar-tech fabrics and rip-stop nylons, etc, not sure if technically they're "tarps," but I use them now for shade and protection from the rain, and let the vinyl tarps do their work as footprints under tents and such.

I think this one is actually a sun-fly, but used it to protect the hammock on a short camping trip to Hocking Hills in Ohio. That's a Grand Manan tent with another tarp under it. Great tent. The whole set-up withstood one of the heaviest late night thunderstorms I've ever camped through. Wild and windy. Both tent and sunfly stayed standing while most of the tents around us collapsed. We stayed dry as a bone.

IMG_3860.jpg

IMG_3904-900.jpg

IMG_3957-900.jpg