Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
It is a just a tarp. I use it in many configurations. I don't have money for an awning. So I use a multi purpose Tarp. When it goes bad I just get another one. This one has been around several years.
Well it looks like an awning Let the members decide a true tarp tied to trees or poles , very good use of a tarp if it is. Ive been trawling my photos to find mine as it in getting repaired. Check out wynchester camp and adventure tarps.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Looks like a tarp to me. Just 'cause it is tied to a vehicle doesn't disqualify it in my book. My example from the mid-'70s. Cheap plastic drop cloth as a tarp, tied to vehicle and tent.

B Wild

Rank VII
Supporter
Investor

Creator I

Issaquah, Washington
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hall
Member #

:expressionless:IMG_6169.jpg
Well it looks like an awning Let the members decide a true tarp tied to trees or poles , very good use of a tarp if it is. Ive been trawling my photos to find mine as it in getting repaired. Check out wynchester camp and adventure tarps.
Here is my tarp set up minus the truck. A tarp is a tarp. Think outside no box required.:smile:

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

When I was a careless youth, we'd often camp with little more than a collection of tarps. I've camped in some crazy rainstorms hidden under elaborate tarp villages, but alas, I never took pictures. Cell phone cameras weren't an option back then, and none of us idiots had cameras. So... I guess that's my contribution.

ETA: In fact, we even had a rallying cry when the rain would start: "Tarp it off!"

B Wild

Rank VII
Supporter
Investor

Creator I

Issaquah, Washington
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hall
Member #

That's actually Brilliant.

Any pics or details on your Limb risers?
My limb risers are made out of large Para cord connected from the rack to curtain/drapery brackets mounted to the underside of the hood. It's stuff I had laying around. I was going to use cable instead of Para cord, but because the rack is mounted to the bed of the truck and flexes independently from the cab, I thought the stretch of the Para cord would prevent potential damage to the hood that cable could possibly cause. I drive through a lot of overgrowth and they perform well enough for me. Sorry no pics.

Teague

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fairview, TN
Member #

I still carry a tarp because of this day:
P1010032.JPG

It was June in the Sierras, we had no winter gear or tents(we had been in 110 degree weather a couple days before) but when the storm rolled in we got the tarps thrown up fairly quickly. The picture is what it looked like when we woke up the next morning.

chrispartida

Rank VI

Advocate II

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Partida
Member #

A few months before I got my Bestop, I played around with different methods of putting this old Sportsman's Guide - Guide Gear Tarp over the bed of my Taco.

I had some spare (photography) backdrop hanging hardware, and attempted to build a structure from it.

Medium success. Cold night.

-CP TACO
OB #2376

Reactions: B Wild