Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

What’s going on with the rear left tire on the 4Runner in that evening pic?!
That's just his spare leaning against the rig. He has a sleeping platform in the back of the 'runner, but his spare goes on it during the day. He just leans it against the rig when he sets up camp, in this case he leaned it against a rear tire and it has confused every single person I've ever shown that pic to, lol!

-TJ

Reactions: SLO Rob

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

What’s going on with the rear left tire on the 4Runner in that evening pic?!
That's just his spare leaning against the rig. He has a sleeping platform in the back of the 'runner, but his spare goes on it during the day. He just leans it against the rig when he sets up camp, in this case he leaned it against a rear tire and it has confused every single person I've ever shown that pic to, lol!

-TJ
Ha! I assumed catastrophe.

AnthonyBroussard

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Lafayette, Lafayette Parish, Louisiana, United States
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Broussard
Member #

Aloha! I'm a long time lurker. Have learned a ton from all the conversations on this site, so am grateful for the community and amazing people I've crossed paths with. "Goose" is our family-mobile; a '22 F150. The wife is slowly warming up to the idea of taking longer trips to remote places, so I'm stoked, haha. For the moment, the kids and mom sleep comfortably in the truck bed (with the RSI cap). The 270 awning has been pretty awesome, seeing action in the winter as well as summer.

Weight management has been a challenge with the squishy suspension...I put in some lift springs and a .5" spacer in the back to compensate. So far so good, but am learning with every trip on what, and how much, to pack. It's so frigg'n fun. haha.

Looking forward to joining a future outing with the OB group!
View attachment 254138

View attachment 254139

View attachment 254140

View attachment 254152
Nice setup man

Reactions: Negative_GhostRider

AnthonyBroussard

Rank III

Enthusiast II

First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Broussard
Member #

Aloha! I'm a long time lurker. Have learned a ton from all the conversations on this site, so am grateful for the community and amazing people I've crossed paths with. "Goose" is our family-mobile; a '22 F150. The wife is slowly warming up to the idea of taking longer trips to remote places, so I'm stoked, haha. For the moment, the kids and mom sleep comfortably in the truck bed (with the RSI cap). The 270 awning has been pretty awesome, seeing action in the winter as well as summer.

Weight management has been a challenge with the squishy suspension...I put in some lift springs and a .5" spacer in the back to compensate. So far so good, but am learning with every trip on what, and how much, to pack. It's so frigg'n fun. haha.

Looking forward to joining a future outing with the OB group!
View attachment 254138

View attachment 254139

View attachment 254140

View attachment 254152
Nice setup man
Heres my little setup

Attachments

AnthonyBroussard

Rank III

Enthusiast II

First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Broussard
Member #

I just recently purchased this, new to me, Raptor. I carried over my Krazy House Customs differential skid plate and a tonneau cover from the truck I traded in. I added a Decked drawer system and I am waiting for the arrival of my RSI Smart Cap Adventure. I've also order a custom set of leaf springs from Alcan Spring in Grand Junction, CO, I should get a call early to mid March that they're ready and my dad and I are going to make a little journey out of it and drive out there to have them installed. Not sure if I'll do much else modifying this year, anything else I may want I have some pondering to do before I make any decisions. Once I get to using it, maybe that'll make some decisions easier.
I love my decked system too. Nice truck man.

Attachments

Thomas Hastings

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Duncan, Spartanburg County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Hastings
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I just recently purchased this, new to me, Raptor. I carried over my Krazy House Customs differential skid plate and a tonneau cover from the truck I traded in. I added a Decked drawer system and I am waiting for the arrival of my RSI Smart Cap Adventure. I've also order a custom set of leaf springs from Alcan Spring in Grand Junction, CO, I should get a call early to mid March that they're ready and my dad and I are going to make a little journey out of it and drive out there to have them installed. Not sure if I'll do much else modifying this year, anything else I may want I have some pondering to do before I make any decisions. Once I get to using it, maybe that'll make some decisions easier.
I love my decked system too. Nice truck man.
Thank you. Wow, that’s quite the setup you have there, very nice, I’m not there yet lol, but I love seeing how others put things together. I like that you have a cap, nothing against the bed racks, that just seems to be the common thing are those rack systems. Did you beef up your rear suspensions at all?

AnthonyBroussard

Rank III

Enthusiast II

First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Broussard
Member #

Yes i somewhat beefed up my rear end. I have a 2012 Raptor with leaf springs. I wanted to see how good the active suspension kits would work. It seems to work just fine for me. It actually lifted the rear 1 1/2 inches with all the weight I added. The only real difference I’ve noticed is that when I drive over 75 mph it feels a little squirrelly.

Thomas Hastings

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Hastings
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Yes i somewhat beefed up my rear end. I have a 2012 Raptor with leaf springs. I wanted to see how good the active suspension kits would work. It seems to work just fine for me. It actually lifted the rear 1 1/2 inches with all the weight I added. The only real difference I’ve noticed is that when I drive over 75 mph it feels a little squirrelly.
I see. I was curious because you have a good bit of stuff back there haha. Ive read about those, have never tried them. That’s pretty incredible it seems to me that those raised your rear end up that much.

I’ve had my custom leaf springs on for a couple months now and am very happy with them. Despite how beefy they are, the ride still remains compliant without the bed being loaded down.

Thomas Hastings

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Hastings
Member #

Service Branch
Army
She’s coming along. Installed my Smart Cap a couple days ago. Ordered 27 January, delivered 20 June. Took a while to get here but I expected that wasn’t in any rush. Worth the wait in my opinion.

Already have some custom leaf springs from Alcan Spring installed. Getting some Geiser 2.5” springs installed on the 18th. As far as suspension goes, those 2 items will be the only modifications.

I have some Front Runner Load Bars bars coming that I’ll install in the cap and I already have an FSR Adventure Series Gas Strut Premium RTT I’ll put on once I receive the load bars.

Attachments

Brooks638

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Huntington, NY, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Brooks
Member #

2023 Silverado trail boss. Added a decked draw system and a smart cap. 23zero 270 awning with my tepui 4 person soft RTT. Added airbags to help with dropping in the rear. Been planning this build for a while and it’s nice to see it close to my expectations

Attachments

Thomas Hastings

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Hastings
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Installed my load bars and RTT yesterday. So I’ve had this RTT since January of last year, it came on my camper. It’s never been used, I’ve opened it up for curious people and have hung out in it, but it’s never been slept in. So now I can get some use out of it.

I’d prefer a hard top, but this soft top is just buckles rather than a zipper, so it’s ok. And I love the simplicity, it comes most to all of the way up on its own and done.

Attachments

Thomas Hastings

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Hastings
Member #

Service Branch
Army
The suspension work on my truck is finished. I got my 2.5” Geiser front springs installed yesterday. I still have 1” of rake. Previously installed were a custom set of leaf springs by Alcan Spring in Grand Junction, Colorado. And that’s all I’ve done to the suspension.

I bought this truck to not have to get wild on the suspension, but I knew the stock springs front and rear were extremely soft.

It still actually rides really good. A bit firmer than stock, but still very compliant if you ask me. Very happy with my setup.

Attachments

Tungston

Rank I

Contributor III

Orange, California, United States
First Name
Stan
Last Name
Sung
Yes for full-sized rigs! I just got into overlanding earlier this year.

I mated a 2017 F250 with a FourWheelCamper Hawk slide-in. My rig hovers around a total of 9000lbs.

Up until this past weekend it was just used as a camping camper for as long as 10 days.

This past weekend I took it through Berdoo Canyon (CA) and cut through Joshua Tree National Park to exit on the other side. The trail is marked as Easy but there were a few narrow technical rock climbing parts that made it seem much more difficult. My noob anxiety probably made it more of a mountain than a molehill but getting through did boost my confidence in my rig handling much more.

Aside from the life-support systems of solar/power, water, waste, cooking, and comfort I have 34” Geolanders, a 3” lift, a couple of leafs added to the rear suspension, air bags, and a straight exhaust.

I would enjoy seeing what others have done to their full sized rigs. I welcome any tips on overlanding with a full size.

Attachments