Mr.RoadWarrior

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Houston, Texas
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Rosner
Love to see Rumbledawg vs v12Mountain in a truck pull or a convoy or a hill climb ... oh, hell...just about anywhere.

Nice rigs everybody! Don't see one here that doesn't look good.

B-R

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tampa, FL, USA
Member #

At first glance of pic it looks like a Burban until wait no oh jelousy sets in that rigs a beast

Jay Smallen

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gardnerville Ranchos, NV, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Smallen
Member #

Great thread and very cool to see how many full sized rigs are running.

Here's our starting point. This is Tug, because her previous life was a lot of towing and work. Now it's a more fun kind of work that she'll be doing. The drivers side boxes hold MTB gear, recovery and tools for work and the passengers side holds a fair amount of our camping gear. We started with a truck tent, but I ended up throwing together this box to hold us over and it's working out awesome surprisingly. It might look like butt, but... It works lol!!

We are patiently waiting for a FWC flatbed Hawk to get installed around the first of October, among a few other bits as money and time allow. Heading back out somewhere in the Sierras this weekend.

Stay stoked my friends!0CE7EFC2-36B3-4818-AD4B-2E33AA1EF347_1_201_a.jpeg

enguneer

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Colorado
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Paulson
Cool setup and interesting hood. Are those air vents in front of hood?
Yessir...nostrils in front allow more airflow directly to the condenser/radiator. This generation of GM trucks suffered from pretty small grill openings, and when I supercharged it I amplified the problems of an already lackluster cooling design. So the nostrils put more air onto the radiator, and the hood vents behind it allow more air off the radiator & out of the engine bay. Made a huge difference in how fast the radiator could shed heat--even the old stock radiator that was struggling. I still went ahead with the racing radiator, which helped the whole thing to keep up when towing up big hills.

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Mr.RoadWarrior, In July I installed the Decked System with my bed on top. I fold the bed and set up my cooler or extra things and when I am ready for bed I just fold it back over. I cook off the tailgate and now carry fewer things inside the camper and soon to install a Yakima rack with additional lighting. I posted the 3 stages that I went thru for sleeping with my Dodge on my YouTube channel. Adventures INTHEWOODS129.JPG

Mr.RoadWarrior

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Houston, Texas
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Rosner
Mr.RoadWarrior, In July I installed the Decked System with my bed on top. I fold the bed and set up my cooler or extra things and when I am ready for bed I just fold it back over. I cook off the tailgate and now carry fewer things inside the camper and soon to install a Yakima rack with additional lighting. I posted the 3 stages that I went thru for sleeping with my Dodge on my YouTube channel. Adventures INTHEWOODSView attachment 168348
I am slightly delayed getting my Yakima rack on due to Hurricane Laura, but when it's done I will post an update. Your rig is very similar setup to mine.

Biggest issue I am having is how to keep cooler/gear boxes from wandering around...I'm looking at installing t-rail on the DECKED top but worry it will interfere with sleeping. Another option is t-rail on the sides of the bed but seems not enough width on any space for good mounting.

All these pics of custom bumpers and swing-aways are killing me! I know in the end I'll go there....

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

My sleeping pad is tri-fold and I fold it forward with all the sleeping bag and that is big enough to keep things from siding forward and I will run a ratchet strap for side to side hooking under the bed rail just to keep the cooler from tipping. The left drawer on the decked is where all my tools and recovery gear is. Bigger items are under the back seat. I have no kids that ride with me so I have put my cooler in the back seat and even strapped it to the front passenger seat. I have installed an inverter that could run a small frig and the truck stop sells one that is a 110 or 12 volt plug and I may switch to that and mount that in the back seat or on the deck. The frig is at a Loves truck stop for about $220.00 that is designed for truckers. A lot cheaper than a Dometic frig. I will post on what I decide. working on the rack and winch next.

Kgxpedition

Rank VII

Creator II

Brownsburg, Indiana, United States
First Name
Darrin
Last Name
Wood
Member #

Playing in the sandbox. 2008 F150 chase support rig. custom race suspension 35” tires on 17” wheels (4) 9” rounds floods and spots. (2) 24” Side led bars. Front 4 cubes that work with high beams lights plus a 40” light bar Engine is a 5.4l High Performance upgrades which is pushing 625HP. Plus way more to mention.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay Smallen