Let them eat SPAM!

• HTML tutorial

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

This is now available again a the SPAM store, it was listed sold out yesterday when I placed an order so definately seems to be limited production! The link to the store is here-

Than you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!

Just snagged 2 2-packs!!! Hmmm.... maybe I should try to sell a couple of them - parts for tge Rover! LOL Nope, 1 is to try, 1 is to save and the other 2 will be gag gifts for Christmas.

Reactions: 9Mike2 and Shahn

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
This is now available again a the SPAM store, it was listed sold out yesterday when I placed an order so definately seems to be limited production! The link to the store is here-

I just snagged a twin pack of the figgy pudding, two tocino, and two jalapeño. With shipping it was still under $50.

TexasLandman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Harrell
Member #

I think it was Marie Antoinette that said "Let them eat cake" and they chopped off her head. 225 years later, and I get the same reaction to Spam. Wife won't touch it, kids run from it, and even the roaches scurry around it. I don't get it. When I pop open a can of Spam and that big gelatinous lump falls onto the paper plate still holding the shape of the can, my mouth can't help but water. Its a delicate balance of salt, fat and nitrites that make my taste buds tingle. (My left arm also starts tingling after eating a can for some reason). I think its the perfect food... no refrigeration, indefinite shelf life, and you don't even need a can opener. Even after opening a can, the contents can stay out a long time and are still as good as the day it was congealed at the factory.

All I know is that if eating Spam is wrong, I don't ever want to be right! So, for all the Spam eaters out there...raise your plastic spork in a toast to the world's most perfect food! Did I say toast? Yeah, Spam goes great on that, too!
I order it by the case load. Spam is a superfood. It used to be my secret shame but at 1/2 century I could care less what people think when the hear the gelatinous slurp of that pile-o-meat byproduct coming out the can and hitting the plate. The more repulsed people are the better. It just means I don’t have to share lol

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Member #

We tried the Figgy Pudding SPAM over the holiday. Most of those who tried it were rather surprised. The most surprising was the mother-in-law... she is an incredibly picky eater and she loved it!!

Believe it or not, SPAM's popularity is rising rather highly and their sales are excellent.

Reactions: grubworm

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Member #

Scientifically Produced Animal Matter. ;)

Extremely popular in Hawaii, almost the state dish.
I have had SPAM Musubi before, but have never made it myself.

I recently found out that the best ways to make the form is by using the can.

Hawaiian-spam-musubi-768x1024 (1).jpg

GatorDoc

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Norton Shores, MI
First Name
butt
Last Name
hole
Member #

Scientifically Produced Animal Matter. ;)

Extremely popular in Hawaii, almost the state dish.
I have had SPAM Musubi before, but have never made it myself.

I recently found out that the best ways to make the form is by using the can.

View attachment 247473
I've tried using the can for musubi. It works, but its difficult to cut the can cleanly. I bought a mold on amazon for about $5, 100% worth it. Works well for salmon patties and crab cakes as well, if you don't mind the non traditional shape.

Reactions: Correus

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

As promised in an earlier post we have put up our video of the final stretch of our trip to Tuktoyaktuk, this one from the ferry landing in Washington State to an iconic Supper Club in Wisconsin. More to the point for this thread is that we stopped along the way in Austin, MN to visit the SPAM MUSEUM and what a fun place that is for those of us that think SPAM is a camping food group!

If you want to check the museum out you can jump to the 08:55 mark that is when we start the museum tour. Of course if you want to watch the entire video I won't complain!

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

if any of you are looking for an interesting podcast that fits the theme of this string the Taste podcast just did an episode on SPAM including a chef and the marketing manager for Hormel. If you want to check it out you can listen to it here -

This episode was produced in partnership with our friends at Hormel Foods, makers of the SPAM® brand.

FOLLOW, FOLLOW, FOLLOW: instagram.com/spambrandinstagram.com/choibitesinstagram.com/mattrodbard
210: SPAM®

Reactions: grubworm

Okierover

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Newcastle, OK, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
if any of you are looking for an interesting podcast that fits the theme of this string the Taste podcast just did an episode on SPAM including a chef and the marketing manager for Hormel. If you want to check it out you can listen to it here -

This episode was produced in partnership with our friends at Hormel Foods, makers of the SPAM® brand.

FOLLOW, FOLLOW, FOLLOW: instagram.com/spambrandinstagram.com/choibitesinstagram.com/mattrodbard
210: SPAM®
Grew up with SPAM on Guam in the 1960s. Still get the craving occasionally. Opened a can last week and made grilled cheese and spam sammiches two says in a row.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I need to order some Spam singles online. None of my local stores seem to carry them anymore. I am the only one in my family that likes it but a whole can is way too much. Especially on a camping trip.
i just clicked on our local wally world and they have the singles in stock and they are around $1.50 and amazon has a 24 pk for $32, so they actually beat walmart on price and you dont have to drive to get them. i just go with the can of SPAM since i can get 2 slices from it....

Reactions: 9Mike2

Nickel

Rank III

Pathfinder II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Jones
Member #

i just clicked on our local wally world and they have the singles in stock and they are around $1.50 and amazon has a 24 pk for $32, so they actually beat walmart on price and you dont have to drive to get them. i just go with the can of SPAM since i can get 2 slices from it....

I never think of Walmart for some reason. I might check the one near me online and see if they have them. I don't go to Walmart often but I go near there and can swing in. Amazon will probably deliver them in a way oversized box!

You do raise a good point. Cost. A can of Spam here is $4.50. A single is $1.50. Now I am assuming this is what you are implying, that even if you do 3 slices and throw the rest away, the price is the same.

Or are you implying you get two very huge slices from a can? :blush:

• Haha
Reactions: 9Mike2 and grubworm