West Hills, Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Twomey
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Growing up with 4 siblings my parents had to stretch every dollar. My favorite “treat” breakfast was diced spam in scrambled eggs. I make it every time I go camping for the good memories it brings. My wife and kids gag when I mention Spam, it’s their issue. Spam on!

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Growing up with 4 siblings my parents had to stretch every dollar. My favorite “treat” breakfast was diced spam in scrambled eggs. I make it every time I go camping for the good memories it brings. My wife and kids gag when I mention Spam, it’s their issue. Spam on!
Mine do the same. My wife won’t even buy it for me.

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

My favorite ways to eat spam are - fried with some mint jelly; sliced, lightly fried and then topped with some cheese and broiled; grilled and then topped with just about anything as well as treating it like a hotdog or burger.

As to "now i'm going to feel bad eating it"... taste the rainbow brother, taste the rainbow.

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

I love Spam and always have-I had a boss from Hawaii who would marinate in soy sauce (can you say sodium!) and then would use it in Spam sushi rolls...swore it was to die for.
You must be talking about Spam Musubi - and yes, it's to dies for. Just make sure the slice of spam is the appropriate thickness for the rice!

BigH2OChief

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Carmel Mountain Ranch, San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Woody
Member #

Service Branch
US Army / US Navy
You must be talking about Spam Musubi - and yes, it's to dies for. Just make sure the slice of spam is the appropriate thickness for the rice!

YES! Musubi! NOW!

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I had a boss from Hawaii who would marinate in soy sauce
i ate plenty of SPAM and potted meat as a kid and then when stationed at pearl harbor, the food trucks had egg, rice and SPAM for breakfast. even the mcdonalds in hawaii served SPAM. i can see marinating it in soy because there is a terriyaki flavor SPAM that is really good, just hard to find. i cut up the terriyaki SPAM into small cubes and fry it and then add it to rice and then add a can of crushed pineapple and simmer it few minutes and then eat. pretty good!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
i ate plenty of SPAM and potted meat as a kid and then when stationed at pearl harbor, the food trucks had egg, rice and SPAM for breakfast. even the mcdonalds in hawaii served SPAM. i can see marinating it in soy because there is a terriyaki flavor SPAM that is really good, just hard to find. i cut up the terriyaki SPAM into small cubes and fry it and then add it to rice and then add a can of crushed pineapple and simmer it few minutes and then eat. pretty good!
Thanks fellas, with food like that I might get my appetite back.

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

don't you have dollar generals or family dollars there? we have dollar generals on every corner down here and they always have SPAM and Dak...as well as some other weird imported canned meats and stuff and there is never a line to wait in.

we just got back from gatlinberg and rang in the new year there. tradition has it that you are supposed to eat black eyed peas for new year's, so i made my fav SPAM dish of cubing up a can of SPAM and frying them, then adding a can of rotel and a couple cans of jalapeno black eyed peas and season with garlic, red pepper, etc and let it simmer a while and then take off the heat and stir in rice and let sit a few and then chow down. i make that dish camping all the time and even make it at home. i used to use ham, but i actually prefer the SPAM in it.
We picked up that tradition when living in OK. Never thought about using Spam but thinkI have to try that!