US West Region Local Expert Las Vegas

Protector II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

So the max rig number has been reached. If someone happens to just be in the area and going in the same direction, at the same time.... would that be a problem? Asking for a friend...
tell your friend ;) they are more than welcome to join us. That goes for anyone who is reading this. I'm sure not all that RSVP'd will make it.

Waltzing Matilda JT

Rank V
Investor

Endurance I

Pahrump, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Daharsh
Member #

Thanks, for the reply. Ill check my tongue height. In regards to the bumpy ride. Ill air down appropriatley for the rocks and washes.
Out of Curiosity, how did you come up with your handle?
From a song called “and the band played Waltzing Matilda” by The Pogues. It captures a journey of a Australian Rover who went to war, WW1. To Waltz ones Matilda is a kin to our military term to Hump with your pack.

mwilson920

Protector II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Thanks, for the reply. Ill check my tongue height. In regards to the bumpy ride. Ill air down appropriatley for the rocks and washes.
Out of Curiosity, how did you come up with your handle?
From a song called “and the band played Waltzing Matilda” by The Pogues. It captures a journey of a Australian Rover who went to war, WW1. To Waltz ones Matilda is a kin to our military term to Hump with your pack.
As an Aussie, i am very familiar with the song. Not many Americans are.

Reactions: Waltzing Matilda JT

KadenVentures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Henderson, NV, USA
First Name
Kaden
Last Name
Galvez
Member #

Hey guys, lookin forward to the trip this Sunday! I’m probably gonna do some truck camping the night before we meet up at the rally point (most likely off Lee Canyon), if anyone is interested hit me up!

mwilson920

Protector II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Just a few things for everyone....1) Please be there no later 10:15am. We will be hitting the trail at 10:15. 2) please make sure you have a full tank of gas, drinks and snacks/lunch for those in your vehicle and 3) I am looking forward to meeting you!!!! I have been wanting to do this trail for a while now. See you this Sunday, December 6, 2020 at 10am at the visitor's center at the Desert Wildlife Refuge.

Oh one more thing......... if you can't make it, please change your RSVP so others can join us. Thanks!!

Reactions: KadenVentures

RubiHogz

Rank III

Contributor III

San Jose, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Amox
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7OAP
Hey there, I too have a TB, Getaway; I’ve been on this road many times with my JL and Turtleback. There really aren’t any issues the Turtleback can’t handle, just several miles of washboard and a mild hilly section going through the washes entering the Joshua Tree forest area.

I usually enter off the opposite end (from the north) and camp on the BLM land there.

We should connect sometime.

-Mark

Rodd

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Las vegas
Member #

Hey guys, I’m not gonna make it today. Found a fuel leak on my engine filter/heater Assy. Bad o-ring, gotta wait for new 1 to arrive. Hopefully next time.

mwilson920

Protector II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Thank you all who came out today!!! What a great turn out!! Totally exceeded my hopes of having a few people join me for my exploration of Mormon Well Rd. As i said at lunch, i will make another rally point for the weekend of January 16-18 at Gold Butte. Come for the weekend or join us for the day. If you have any photos or videos from today’s event, please post them. Once again. Thank you for coming! It was great meeting you all!

Attachments