Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

We've have an ex military 110 defender with no sound insulation or door cards, so this weekends project is to fabricate a practical solution to our storage problem in the cab. The doors are single skin aluminium on a steel frame so the idea is to create a pocket for "stuff" on each door.

I like to up cycle materials if possible so I have found some sheet steel from an old boiler 1.5mm thick and drew some plans on my white board.

I set to and cut out the basic shape with the plasma cutter then folded it up with a set of grips and hammer.

I'm pretty pleased with the results after fixing it in with Tec screws and finished with some old door seal to protect the edge.

Attachments

Blu12T

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Clovis, California, United States
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Linares
Member #

We've have an ex military 110 defender with no sound insulation or door cards, so this weekends project is to fabricate a practical solution to our storage problem in the cab. The doors are single skin aluminium on a steel frame so the idea is to create a pocket for "stuff" on each door.

I like to up cycle materials if possible so I have found some sheet steel from an old boiler 1.5mm thick and drew some plans on my white board.

I set to and cut out the basic shape with the plasma cutter then folded it up with a set of grips and hammer.

I'm pretty pleased with the results after fixing it in with Tec screws and finished with some old door seal to protect the edge.
Those came out nicely! Great job!

Reactions: El-Dracho