Rank II

Enthusiast III

Knoxville
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Hayes
What up!

Finally popped the question last month and I'm getting engaged. I think I found a winner because neither one of us want a traditional wedding or ceremony. For our wedding we are going to take 16 days and drive from Knoxville, TN to Seattle, WA in the middle of March next year. We are in the infant stages of planning but need to get it figured out rather quickly because we want to schedule a location / time with a photographer and that will dictate a lot of our route and timing.

Why Seattle as our final destination? The fiance's favorite city and I've never been. Plus we have some old friends that live there and want to visit them.

Our plan is to cut out March 6th and drive straight through Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas because we've been there and.. well.. it's kind of meh. The Grand Canyon is a place we for sure want to visit but curious if anybody has a must hit spot in New Mexico they'd like to share along the way? After the GC we are thinking about heading to Lake Tahoe before moving on to the SR-1 along the coast. We will work our way up from there to Seattle before really exploring Idaho, Utah and Colorado before finally heading back home.

I know I know... Google some cool spots. We have, trust me. But I'd like to hear some opinions that aren't from a blogger about the best places to visit along the route we are considering. We want scenic views.. that's why we are doing this. Our goal is to do some hiking and some off road trails as we will be making the trip in our 3rd Gen Tacoma TRD OR. Again, things are kind of in limbo until we finalize on a photographer but would love to meet up with some people for a guided trip or two on some trails. We are obviously from the South East so will be complete rookies out West. Oh, and we are cool kids that have a solid rig build with a RTT so we plan on camping 90% of the nights.

As we start nailing down some spots, and get better with GAIA GPS, we will keep updating this thread. May even create a social media account ( Instagram ) to document it a little bit.. although neither one of us do social media so it may be a little boring.