Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Green River, WY, USA
First Name
Quinton
Last Name
Phillips
Member #

Ok, I have recently pulled the trigger on some KM3's. The recommended max speed is 45mph. So whats the maximum speed you guys are running on your "C" class tires.

MattLew

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harriman, TN, Tennessee 61, Harriman, TN, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lewandowski
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4DIE
Every size of BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 that I could find information on has a speed rating of Q or 99MPH with load range from C-E depending on the model.... If you have something that has a 45mph rating, please post a pic of it. or atleast give me the full size and rating lines exactly as it is on the side of your tire. Not to sound insulting, but I THINK you misread your tire labeling.

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Ya. The only DOT tire I am aware of (besides golf carts, etc) are old school donut tires. The KM3 came in several flavors. This is for the E rated sidewall (means it is stiffer and thus, a firmer, harder ride) which according to BFG, is the only sidewall currently available in the US market. Regardless, its 99mph (for argument sake... 100mph).

As for your 45mph rating, I think the chart you saw may have been for classic car tires like Koker and such. They have completely different designations, but use a similar A, B, C, D... designates.

Last edited: