Launch Member

Contributor III

Lancaster, Ohio
First Name
Jeremiah
Last Name
Springer
Member #

I guess I am confused, I tried to RSVP since it says 20 rigs allowed and only 10 people have RSVP'd and it says I have reached the limit. I guess I want to know if I am supposed to show up or not, I do not want to impose or over crowd. Thanks

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I'm new as well and have a few questions that I've posted. So far there hasn't been any answers/direction regarding this trip, but given the shutdown the last several months and the confusion on opening going forward, I'm hoping the specifics of this trip will be coming soon...

Kgxpedition

Rank VII

Creator II

Brownsburg, Indiana, United States
First Name
Darrin
Last Name
Wood
Member #

Guys I want to apologize for not staying on top of this event. I have been tied up with the kamp in the UP of Michigan and with Covid we have had to change our whole Game plan for our Wounded Vets this yr. our big fundraiser got cancelled because of the Canada, US Border being closed. As of now we still plan on having this event. If anyone is still interested let me know. I will check with the distillers to see if they are open for tours and see if the Battle ground has reopened as well. Again Sorry for dropping the Ball. KGXpedition #21416

Kgxpedition

Rank VII

Creator II

First Name
Darrin
Last Name
Wood
Member #

I\'m going down a day early in order to visit a couple of other distilleries.

That said, most of them are still closed including Woodford, Four Roses and Maker Mark.

Just wondering how this might affect this trip?

FYI - I was able to book Lux Row and Heavenly on Thursday...
Thanks for the info. Looks like it will probly be no go because of that. But I’m trying to see about later in the yr. as of today the battle ground was still closed to.

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Thanks for the info. Looks like it will probly be no go because of that. But I’m trying to see about later in the yr. as of today the battle ground was still closed to.
As of yesterday Buffalo Trace has reopened and I assume others will follow soon. I'm hoping this works out: however, I'm going regardless, I'll find dispersed camping and visit what I can.

Thanks for the update, let's keep our fingers crossed

Reactions: Veteran_Overlanding

06--4Runner

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Lancaster, Ohio
First Name
Jeremiah
Last Name
Springer
Member #

Guys I want to apologize for not staying on top of this event. I have been tied up with the kamp in the UP of Michigan and with Covid we have had to change our whole Game plan for our Wounded Vets this yr. our big fundraiser got cancelled because of the Canada, US Border being closed. As of now we still plan on having this event. If anyone is still interested let me know. I will check with the distillers to see if they are open for tours and see if the Battle ground has reopened as well. Again Sorry for dropping the Ball. KGXpedition #21416
I am interested, I just need to know if there is room to go or if it is cancelled. Thanks

Influencer III

Adams County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Melendez
Member #

Service Branch
US ARMY
As of yesterday Buffalo Trace has reopened and I assume others will follow soon. I'm hoping this works out: however, I'm going regardless, I'll find dispersed camping and visit what I can.

Thanks for the update, let's keep our fingers crossed
I’d be willing to still go regardless. Anyone else want to go?

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
A few shots from thre trip based on the cancelled...

Last edited:

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I take it Scott that you still went.
Yes. Had the time off and the Distilleries opened up. We had a great time. Wish we could have done it as a group...

Kgxpedition

Rank VII

Creator II

First Name
Darrin
Last Name
Wood
Member #

I should have went with it but it was so iffy. Glad you still went I’m sure we will get to do this next yr. we are planning a run to the UP with a few wounded heroes third week of Sept We will be at Kamp George 2 of those nights the Other 5 days will be on the trails.

Reactions: Commish1999