Just Saying Hey

• HTML tutorial

jprevat

Rank 0

Contributor I

I heard about yall through another forum I am a member of and figured I would stop by to introduce myself.

I am trying to build my 89 Bronco II into a decent overland vehicle. I am hoping that I can be self sufficient for 2-3 days at a time. I will get some pictures up and start a build thread here soon. I will probably asking lots of questions so thank yall in advance.

Reactions: M Rose

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Welcome!  I like the little Broncos.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@jprevat

Hey Cody! Welcome to the site! I'm looking forward to learning more about your rig!

We've got a great helpful group here!

M

jprevat

Rank 0

Contributor I

Wolvee, you were how I found out about the site. Im liking the ideas and content on here.

Robert, It was the first truck I bought in HS and my brothers managed to burn the transmission. I've been searching for a stronger version of the stocker and finally found one.

Micheal, I have a long way to go but I'm hoping to end up with something really unique by the end of it.

dylanmorse

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

Cody,
Your BII would be the 2.9V6 /A4LD auto? They were great little rigs as I recall. I haven't sourced parts lately - but I know World Products used to make improved cylinder head castings for those motors.

I think it would make a great little rig for short exploring trips for 2 people. That's what we do with our JK - and it doesn't have any more room than your little Bronco.

Oh, and Welcome!

jprevat

Rank 0

Contributor I

15724 said:
Cody, Your BII would be the 2.9V6 /A4LD auto? They were great little rigs as I recall. I haven’t sourced parts lately – but I know World Products used to make improved cylinder head castings for those motors. I think it would make a great little rig for short exploring trips for 2 people. That’s what we do with our JK – and it doesn’t have any more room than your little Bronco. Oh, and Welcome!
It would be the 2.9V6/A4LD auto, but I was able to source a "new" trans that was updated from the original so that instead of the thrust washers and the single electronic shift solenoid I have torrington bearings and two e-solenoids. It was made to live behind a 4.0 so behind my little 2.9 it should live forever.

The original cylinder heads on the 2.9s werent very good but after 86 (I believe) they changed the castings, to something more structurally sound. World does make better heads but they are rather pricey for the gains.

All I want is to be able to take off for a three day camp and have room to not have to leave anything at home.

Sorry for babbling so much, but thank you very much for the welcome.

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

I heard about yall through another forum I am a member of and figured I would stop by to introduce myself.

I am trying to build my 89 Bronco II into a decent overland vehicle. I am hoping that I can be self sufficient for 2-3 days at a time. I will get some pictures up and start a build thread here soon. I will probably asking lots of questions so thank yall in advance.
Welcome to the team, and I can't wait to see those pics.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
It would be the 2.9V6/A4LD auto, but I was able to source a "new" trans that was updated from the original so that instead of the thrust washers and the single electronic shift solenoid I have torrington bearings and two e-solenoids. It was made to live behind a 4.0 so behind my little 2.9 it should live forever.

The original cylinder heads on the 2.9s werent very good but after 86 (I believe) they changed the castings, to something more structurally sound. World does make better heads but they are rather pricey for the gains.

All I want is to be able to take off for a three day camp and have room to not have to leave anything at home.

Sorry for babbling so much, but thank you very much for the welcome.
I had a 1985 B2 back in the day... I could go about 2 weeks at a time solo in it. Now I have a 1989 FSB getting built. Great rig you have.