Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MBN
What does everyone think about simply extending the original trip plan to do the full BDR from Oregon to Canada? Those who can only do the first half can jump off mid-way.

Bilbo

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MBN
This is the list thus far - sorry for the weird format. This is in a Google sheet and I can share it with you if you desire.

Bilbo
GregEigsti
mtn
SCS
oldmopars
4wheelspulling
Wakebaby1
PNW EXPLR
Happy Buddha
graham253
cevans2021
M Rose
Expanding to allow more rigs on this event. You can register on the Rally Point.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
What does everyone think about simply extending the original trip plan to do the full BDR from Oregon to Canada? Those who can only do the first half can jump off mid-way.
We were never sure about the NWOR and are completely playing things by ear. More options are better! Thanks @Bilbo for opening things up in Rally Point!

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

RIght at this point, while I would love to do both Oregon and Washington, I really need to stick to the original plan of the Washington during the week of the NWOR. If you want to do Oregon the week before, that would be great.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
How many people are doing the NWOR? As this is going to cause a scheduling conflict with the Northwest Overland abound Regional Campout...

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@Greg Eigsti which direction are we planning on going?
Are the passes going to be passable in June? We still can’t get to our mushroom hole here, but getting close.

Reactions: Ubiety

mtn

Rank IV

Influencer II

Washington, USA
First Name
Ole
Last Name
H
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7OLE
I would expect to WABDR to be clear of snow by late June. Even if we have to explore some alternates it shouldn't set us back much.

Might have to clear downed trees at some points, but we have a chain saw in the crew, right?

I've avoided the section between Ellensburg and Cashmere in the past due to a washout that wasn't likely to get fixed. Apparently easily passable on a motorcycle, but a buddy who went in a Jeep a couple of years ago recommended against it. Not sure if this is still the case or if we have to reroute.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
@Greg Eigsti which direction are we planning on going?
Are the passes going to be passable in June? We still can’t get to our mushroom hole here, but getting close.
My understanding is that we start in Stevenson WA near the Bridge of the Gods and make our way North. This originally made sense when the destination was the NWOR. At this point I'm game for anything ;)

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

My understanding is that we start in Stevenson WA near the Bridge of the Gods and make our way North. This originally made sense when the destination was the NWOR. At this point I'm game for anything ;)
I am all for sticking to the original plan. Start in Stevenson and work our way to the Canada Boarder.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Here is my latest GPX for the trip - and I am a bit behind with updates. The trip ends up at NWOR and it would be easy to add the Northernmost WABDR legs back on.

What a great day out there (Seattle area).

GPX viewer

Attachments

Reactions: M Rose

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

I would expect to WABDR to be clear of snow by late June. Even if we have to explore some alternates it shouldn't set us back much.

Might have to clear downed trees at some points, but we have a chain saw in the crew, right?

I've avoided the section between Ellensburg and Cashmere in the past due to a washout that wasn't likely to get fixed. Apparently easily passable on a motorcycle, but a buddy who went in a Jeep a couple of years ago recommended against it. Not sure if this is still the case or if we have to reroute.
There is a by- pass now around the washout. If we start as already planned going North from Oregon/Washington border, the snow will not be any problem. To be completely honest, if we don’t go in June, there is more trouble with possible fires and the US Forest Service closing the roads than snow! We may or may not even be able to have a camp fire at night with the group! Vance.

Reactions: M Rose and Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Here is a cleaned up GPX with the Northern parts of the WABDR added back, data is from Touratech. Bypasses are colored black and each day's track alternates between blue and red (for me in Gaia anyways).
I still need to go through this entire thread and add items suggested.

GPX viewer

Attachments