Jetboil Genesis Base Camp Stove...

• HTML tutorial

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

I just got this recently. I've never used any Jetboil equipment before, hell, I've never had a campstove (of my own) either to be honest. I've always used a skillet over fire unless travelling with a campstove owning friend, so this is new to me. I'm looking forward to giving it a shot especially as more than ever open fires are not an option in a lot of National parks and forests. Anyone have experience with this product?

I do like that it packs up pretty compactly. Seems to work well so far too.

ClearwaterScott

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbia, Missouri
Member #

Ive been using the original jet boil for a number of years now. Great stove. I still carry it hiking and use it family camping for coffee for the Mrs and I. Boils water in 2-3 minutes.

I have heard good things about the base camp set you recieved. Look forward to hearing about your experience.

NV.Recon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Reno, Nevada
Member #

That looks awesome! Never used one of these but I have the jetboil flash that I use for coffee in the mornings and I love it. Curious to see how it works out for ya.

OB 3319

Reactions: ASNOBODY

aearles

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

USA
Hey @ASNOBODY, have you had a chance to put this stove to use yet? I'm thinking about buying one, but a little put off by all the older reviews about regulator failure, hoping that was an earlier supplier issue that has been resolved. I really like the idea of this stove setup.

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

Hey @ASNOBODY, have you had a chance to put this stove to use yet? I'm thinking about buying one, but a little put off by all the older reviews about regulator failure, hoping that was an earlier supplier issue that has been resolved. I really like the idea of this stove setup.
Yes! It's been functioning perfectly (so far). I've used it in total about 20 times since I got it.

To be honest, the first thing I did before even using it was write them and tell them I needed a new regulator. I didn't say it failed or lie about anything, I was just vague about it all. It has not failed, but I anticipated it failing. Hasn't happened…YET! :)

Reactions: Glenn and aearles

aearles

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

USA
Awesome, thanks for the feedback, and the tip!

Figured I'll order it from REI so I can easily exchange it if there are any problems.

Reactions: ASNOBODY