Rank II

Contributor III

Hokes Bluff, AL, USA
First Name
Dakota
Last Name
Mason
Member #

I just recently purchased a gladiator 3.0 ecodiesel. I have looked every where for a snorkel kit. I have done some research and it's about 50/50 about running a snorkel kit on a turbo. What are yalls thoughts and ideas? Also on power option for running power to lights, fridge/freezer, and air compressor with a trailrax bed rack.

Reactions: MazeVX

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Why do you want a snorkel?
All they do is elevate the air intake above the dust..... maybe......are you in the desert?

Power to a fridge etc, do a search there must be 10,000 threads on the topic.
Air compressor should just be powered off the vehicle battery.

dmason1

Rank II

Contributor III

Hokes Bluff, AL, USA
First Name
Dakota
Last Name
Mason
Member #

I want a snorkel for water crossings. I live in the south of the United States so creeks amd other water obstacles are abundant. I have looked at the threads for the fridge I do not have a bed cover to keep mud/some dust/road grime out of the vent are of the fridge. All the other thread also have the gas 3.6L with a dual battery setup powering all the additional components that are installed. The stock battery or just one battery would be drained very quickly. I have the 3.0L ecodiesel. The air intake and fee other components under the hood are in very different locations.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
This thread might help you for the electrical Q.

Reactions: Sylvester

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
Reactions: BEJ762

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I just recently purchased a gladiator 3.0 ecodiesel. I have looked every where for a snorkel kit. I have done some research and it's about 50/50 about running a snorkel kit on a turbo. What are yalls thoughts and ideas? Also on power option for running power to lights, fridge/freezer, and air compressor with a trailrax bed rack.
So it's been a while, but still gotta say it just in case.
Aev just presented a ecodiesel snorkel!
So you can buy it from a trusted source.
About the turbo... No idea what you want to say but there are hundreds of thousands Toyota and Landrover turbo diesel running around with snorkels. So the jeep can take it as well