Isuzu D-Max

• HTML tutorial

alexstoddart

Rank I

Enthusiast I

scotland
Hi everyone, so after finally getting permission to post last night I thought I would start a little build thread for my isuzu dmax.

So the truck is a 2012 - 2016 isuzu dmax with a 2.5 twin turbo engine with a 6 speed manual gear box. The first mod that I did was fit a set of bfg ko2s as I already had them sitting in the shed but they wouldn't fit the standard rims so I bought some tuff torque 8 spoke 16x7 00et rim (which look the business) after that came a 2" lift all round consisting of some spacers for the front and extended shackles for the back. The shackles took minutes to fit once the truck was jacked up where as the front took a while longer as the struts had to be removed. I'll be changing the front spacers for a proper lift kit on the front and hd springs on the back (most likely a pedders 2" kit) eventually. After the suspension I started looking at covers and canopies for the back, not being a fan of the fiberglass canopies I had a look at N&J aluminium who fabricate canopies to your spec but as it came in at £2000 I decided to go with a soft tri-fold cover for now which I have been pretty impressed with! Keeps the rain and snow out and the back is a bit more secure now so I'm not to worried about leaving stuff in the back. The next mod was a front runner slimline 2 roof rack, it didn't start out as a priority but one of my priorities was extra lighting as the you would be better off with a candle on the dmax and i wanted to be able to carry a lot of weight on the roof if need be so I bit the bullet and bought it. It arrived late sadly and the afternoon that I was meant to be fitting it I crashed my mountain bike and broke my collar bone so it the rack sat about for a month until last week when a friend helped my fit it. Any doubts I had about spending £700 on some metal were instantly gone! I love it, it's solid, easy to fit things to and there's hardly any wind noise!

I've got quite a big wish list but the next item is definitely some lighting and better storage boxes for all my stuff. Living in Scotland were very limited as to where we can drive off road, I'm fortunate I have access to some ground but me and my girlfriend are planning some greenlaning trips to England this year and the look at Europe next year!

Anyway, I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you guys in the future.

The first photo was August 2017 after I picked up the truck and we did the north coast 500.20170807_162854.jpg20170901_111409.jpg20171113_140823.jpg20180307_155134.jpg

alexstoddart

Rank I

Enthusiast I

scotland
I bought the pedders HD suspension kit a while back and what a difference it makes to the dmax!! The list is slowly getting smaller... on a side note I acquired an old sankey trailer chassis last week, will need a lot of work though!Snapchat-1566207920.jpegIMG_20180509_002221_110.jpegIMG_20180509_002221_109.jpeg

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade