Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

I’ve always maintained had the LC 70 series been permitted into North America, Jeep would no longer be in business. There are two things that Americans are good at building- ( hopefully ) the GM and Ford full size pickup trucks.
The 1999 update with coils just clicked the 25 year mark and the temptation is real. Might pull that trigger in the next few years.

MiamiC70

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
MiamiC70
Last Name
MiamiC70
Member #

You can get double that 150k on an HO 4.0L easily. You just need to install an oil tank alongside your gas tank to fill up each time.

Legit though, it makes me sad that all the Gladiator did was give me a taste of what if would be like to own a LC79... just... without any sense of reliability. It was so insanely capable dragged down by the fact I was afraid of every single time the electrical wigged out or it made some odd noise. It was bad enough with a simpleish V6, there's no way I'd trust it with a turbo or hybrid system.
Correct, my 93 XJ made it to 186,000 miles before I sold it in 2004. I would keep a 12 pack of the cheapest oil I could find on sale in the back. When the lifters started ticking I knew I was 2 quarts low. :tearsofjoy:
Never missed beat and always had clean oil.

Hmm, I guess I was doing overland before overland was.

Jeep Cherokee side right.jpeg

Reactions: grubworm